OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to look so classy in that room!! Cant wait to see some pics!

Thank you for the kind words. I'll be posting another update tomorrow when the WWC crew brings that big boy in the house :bigsmile:

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to be a broken record but I can't wait for the progress!
Do you have a thread for the midi? And have you sold it yet?

More progress posts and pics coming ever so soon...

And I actually do have a thread for the Midi, although I've neglected to post anything for the last ten weeks or so. It really has evolved quite a bit since start-up, and now looks completely different since it was professionally relocated to the new house by the outstanding crew at World Wide Corals. They did a spectacular job of moving the tank and livestock, and hooked me up with a great-Great-GREAT new WWC-style aquascape!!

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is such a nice sized tank,you will love it.Elos really are so well built and finished awesome.I had an Elos mini but just sold it last weekend for an upgrade of my own although it wasn't another Elos.looking forward to seeing this come together :)

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Neptune Apex controller has just arrived. Just the bare essentials to start: base unit, apex display, energybar 8, temp probe, and pH probe.
6c8dc765.jpg

I've purchased one MP-40 so far, although I'm sure I'll need at least one more.
455c10af.jpg

In addition, I decided to go with the TLF Kalkwasser Reactor 300, NextReef MR1 for carbon reactor, and two 500W Won brothers titanium heaters.
6ffc390e.jpg

Substrate will be 40lbs of SeaFlor Special Grade Reef Sand and 40lbs of CaribSea AragAlive Fiji Pink.
9f54c235.jpg

I'm using ReefCrystals salt, and making my own water with a 5-stage Typhoon III Extreme RO/DI unit from AirWaterIce.
ed8b5416.jpg

MAXreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Neptune Apex controller has just arrived. Just the bare essentials to start: base unit, apex display, energybar 8, temp probe, and pH probe.

Very nice
If you can get the WXM module for the APEX to control the Vortech pumps. It is a nice feature to have. You can change different modes during the day, lower the speed when feeding or doing maintenance etc.

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice
If you can get the WXM module for the APEX to control the Vortech pumps. It is a nice feature to have. You can change different modes during the day, lower the speed when feeding or doing maintenance etc.

Thanks! I have been eyeing that WXM module, although I may have to wait a few more months to make any major reef purchases (other than fish, of course) as my wife's getting more than just a little tweaked at all the money I've been spending on the hobby as of late.

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all of the key ingredients have come together. Now for the final, and most important, piece of the puzzle. The crew from WWC should be bringing that bad boy in the house any minute now....

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are on the way!!!!! Wish I could of come, but I was doing the sale online. :sad:

Oh, snap! It's disappointing that you don't get to come over and see the new house. But it would more than make up for it if you were to send that sweet-ace wellso over as a tankwarming gift :angel:

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allright, the fantastic staff from World Wide Corals dropped in tonight just after dinner with the tank, stand, skimmer, lights, return pump, sump, and ATO.

Here's the stand-
0e49b4f8.jpg

And the tank coming off of the van & up to the house
a828fa5d.jpg

70f50f97.jpg

Getting the tank in place just right
fcdff687.jpg

I really must say that Lou Schiavo and the outstanding staff from WWC did a fantastic job of delivering and setting up the tank. They were professional and super-friendly, and took care of every last detail from the lights to the plumbing. Ace even went so far as to ensure that the tank was perfectly level, which was a rather involved task that I wouldn't have even thought of. Mad props to the entire crew for a job well done!

Now it's looks like I'm going to be up for a while getting everything else set up whilst mixing up just over 200 gallons of salt water. My plan is to get this big boy full of water tonight, and add in 120-150 lbs of live rock tomorrow afternoon, with about half of that being fully mature.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome what kind of skimmer, lights and other goods came with it? That's going to be hot for sure! I don't know who's going to be more lucky you or the tank that's going to get all the blinding nice stuff you've been picking up!

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome what kind of skimmer, lights and other goods came with it? That's going to be hot for sure! I don't know who's going to be more lucky you or the tank that's going to get all the blinding nice stuff you've been picking up!

It came with a 48" Tek T5 8x80W fixture, custom acrylic sump, Reef Octopus Hurricone Category 2, custom aluminum stand, Elos ATO, and acrylic top-off water reservoir.

Back