OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks for sure... really sorry to hear that. If you ever need a hand with anything let me know.. Im right around the corner.

Jack

Thanks for the kind offer, Jack. I certainly may take you up on that in the near future, as I don't know any reefers in the area, and my super-pregnant wife is getting tired of me asking her to help out with this big tank that she so deeply resents :squigglemouth:

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there my friend... I feel your pain.. lol Anytime... I am in the process of doing a build myself, and I tried buying that Coast to Coast form WWC, but they wouldn't sell it to me!!! Imagine that... so I went another direction.. :)

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man sorry to hear that! If you have any certain questions please give me a pm and I'll help throw things around with you as for the algae get clean up crew as broad of one as you can get a few of each varity of snails, hermits, a sea hare, stuff like that before it reaches plague proportions! And you'll be ok one rule with reef tanks it's always better to get inverts and corals situated first then add your fish slowly if you want tangs go slow say 2 tangs every other week start with the more mild mannered ones first such as the naso and so on! Also remember there are two good ways to start with tangs either start with the biggest one first then always add a smaller one after that or the other way around! Like I said pm me if you need to brain storm something!

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite having all of those beautiful Tangs fall prey to the Ich, I've decided to keep moving forward, but at a much slower pace. The male flame wrasse, McKosker's Flasher wrase, school of blue-green Chromis, and purple firefish survived the Ich plague without much trouble. So I added in a gorgeous large Harlequin Tuskfish, and a schooling bannerfish. They are both doing well, although they did have a brief but uncomplicated bout with ich.

I've ordered a nice batch of replacement Tangs from the gents down the road at World Wide Corals, including a Blond Naso, Orange Shoulder, Kole Yellow Eye, Powder Blue Tang, awesome Purple Tang, and large Black Tang. They appear to be thriving in the display tanks at WWC and all look spectacular. I shall be leaving them there for the next 6-8 weeks, and then I'll slowly bring them home 2 or 3 at a time to minimize the stresses of acclimation and reduce the risk of another deadly Ich outbreak.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you didn't get down! I'd add the powder blue and purple last as they are the most aggressive on your list and watch out for the banner fish and acans my old one was great for 3-4 months then almost over night blam bam almost took out my acan collection
Don't know if you have acans just thought I'd give a heads up!

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for the lack of pictures lately, but I'll try and add a few this evening. My wonderful wife bought me a nice Canon EOS 60D for Father's Day, but I'm still in the very earliest stages of learning how to use it :nerd:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet camera can't wait!

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update is indeed long overdue.

I've been completely covered up with work for the last month and a half, and my wife just gave birth to our son. Needless to say, it's been a real zoo at my house as of late. I had been neglecting this beautiful new tank as a result, and the Cyanobacteria and Aiptasia were seriously gaining a strong foothold in my tank. So I decided to bite the bullet and have the fine chaps from World Wide Corals cruise by and give my tank a much-needed cleaning and makeover.

Here's a couple of pics after a thorough cleaning and re-aquascaping

13dc9fd6.jpg

de6969ae.jpg

liv2mtb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's nice to have local service to allow you to catch up. Congrats on your son.

BoyKulit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking forward to more updates , and congrats on your baby boy!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back