Electric usage monitor

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of a monitor that will tell you actual usage on each circuit in your house?

My electric bill keeps going higher and higher every month and nothing has really changed.

I had a electrician look at my panel last year, the power company came and checked the meter.

Ever since the Smart meter was put in the bill keeps going up

This month the usage app from the power company says it’s on pace to be $800

That’s over double it is at the highest in the summer

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not really sure of something that will tell you the power usage on each circuit but one of the biggest culprits of a high electric bill in the wintertime is a heat pump that not working right, do you have a heat pump?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  • Electricity Usage Monitor Power Meter Plug in Power Consumption Monitor Electricity Usage Monitor Analyzer Home Energy Consumption Analyzer with Digital LCD Display, Overload Protection and 7 Display Modes for Energy Saving
Roll over image to zoom in

Electricity Usage Monitor Power Meter Plug in Power Consumption Monitor Electricity Usage Monitor Analyzer Home Energy Consumption Analyzer with Digital LCD Display, Overload Protection and 7 Display Modes for Energy Saving​

Brand: YOUTHINK

4.2 out of 5 stars 59 ratings

| 9 answered questions

Price:CDN$ 30.69 & FREE Shipping

• 【Overload Protection】Overload warning displayed on LCD,easy and safe to use, when the whole power exceeds the rated power 1650W of monitor, LCD will display "OVERLOAD" with booming noise to warn the user, and automatically disconnect the power
  • 【Digital LCD Display】 The power consumption monitor with a large clear backlit LCD display, full wide view clear visible, make it easy to read and record the data, especially in the darkness.NOTE: Please read the digital from the front, not from the side view
  • 【Electricity Usage Monitor】Monitor is the killer of the high-cost energy appliance, you can virtually monitor standby or working power dissipation of all your electronics. Electricity price setting by pressing SET, VALUE, DISPLAY; Can also set energy Price for night separately, You can make certain how much your standby appliances cost, what the power factor is
  • 【Wide Usage】Power(W), Energy (kWh), Voltage, Amps, Hertz, Power Factor and Minimum & Maximum Power, 7 modes for your choice.cumulative kilowatt-hour,time and electricity expenses.Total time can be displayed on the LCD screen,you can easily get the power consumption.The power meter outlet will save the last data when you remove the appliance from power meter or remove the power meter from the socket
  • 【Lifetime Warranty】 We think you're going to love this Power Metering Socket as much as we do! But if you're not satisfied with it or any reasons,please feel free to contact,We take full responsibility for product quality.We want our customers to be 100% satisfaction!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Report incorrect product information
QD

Electricity Usage Monitor Plug Power Watt Voltage Amps Meter with Digital LCD, Overload Protection and 7 Display Modes for Energy Saving,White​

Average Rating:(0.0)starsout of5starsWrite a review
QD
$27.99$27.99
Out of stock
123456789101112Qty:
Get in-stock alert
1612141368586.png

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Report incorrect product information
QD

Electricity Usage Monitor Plug Power Watt Voltage Amps Meter with Digital LCD, Overload Protection and 7 Display Modes for Energy Saving,White​

Average Rating:(0.0)starsout of5starsWrite a review
QD
$27.99$27.99
Out of stock
123456789101112Qty:
Get in-stock alert
1612141368586.png
I have one of these, I plan on going around to every single single plug but I’m curious about stuff that’s hardwired like the furnace

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have one of these, I plan on going around to every single single plug but I’m curious about stuff that’s hardwired like the furnace
I would think Electrician - Member @Brew12 is our electrical guy @K7BMG also electrician

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely sounds like you have a big draw. You can try the elimination method... shut down all of the breakers and turn them back one at a time. See which ones moves the meter the most in 5 minutes? It's old school. Please let us know what you find out.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think Electrician - Member @Brew12 is our electrical guy @K7BMG also electrician
Thanks for the call out.
Anyone know of a monitor that will tell you actual usage on each circuit in your house?

My electric bill keeps going higher and higher every month and nothing has really changed.

I had a electrician look at my panel last year, the power company came and checked the meter.

I would recommend calling your utility and see if they can send you the spreadsheet of your usage. If you can see what it is you are using, and when you are using it, it might help narrow down what is causing the higher bill. That should be within the capability of the smart meter. Not sure if they are willing to provide it though.

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible your furnace or AC might have like a bad bearing in a motor or fan that is causing progressively more power draw to make it run?

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely sounds like you have a big draw. You can try the elimination method... shut down all of the breakers and turn them back one at a time. See which ones moves the meter the most in 5 minutes? It's old school. Please let us know what you find out.
follow this first.
It;s not your consumption that changed - it's that new "Smart meter". - > http://stopocsmartmeters.com/price-increases.html
anything with "smart" in its name is guaranteed to be of hindrance to you in some extremely large way.

Keaton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

did you ever find a meter for tracking down your energy usage?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back