EliMelly’s 350 G2 Build

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good recommendations instead of the blue tang then?
Tang wise no. You’re already going to have a Zebrazoma and a Bristletooth so adding a third tang is just asking for trouble. Also the more tangs the higher amount of filtration you will need.

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang wise no. You’re already going to have a Zebrazoma and a Bristletooth so adding a third tang is just asking for trouble. Also the more tangs the higher amount of filtration you will need.
Hmmm so what else is a good option? Copperband?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try one out but chances of it living is highly highly unlikely not even lasting a few days. Hit and miss with these fish I’d suggest you get a little more experienced with sensitive fish before trying a CBB but up to you if you want to give it a go.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly are you looking for? Small bodied, big bodied (you’d be very limited going big bodied) color, shoaling, character?

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly are you looking for? Small bodied, big bodied (you’d be very limited going big bodied) color, shoaling, character?
Shoaling sounds cool, but useful fish with bright colors is a must helping in the tank!

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I added some hiding spots / caves and slightly modified the aquascape. Feels a bit full now though, or is it just my OCD driving me insane… Thoughts?
It does look full. I liked the original one best. When it is full of coral there will be more, natural hiding spots. I wouldn’t stress about it.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoaling sounds cool, but useful fish with bright colors is a must helping in the tank!
Have you thought of Anthias? Especially the Bimaculatus these are really really nice my favorite anthia species. They add good color and some sort of grouping. They do need numbers though so at least 3 or 4.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, don’t they usually kill each other?
Depends on the actions you take while keeping them. Same thing with Chromis and Acanthurus Tangs. Is there any ideas you have? You’re asking me but I want to know what you like. Which one‘s interest you?

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the actions you take while keeping them. Same thing with Chromis and Acanthurus Tangs. Is there any ideas you have? You’re asking me but I want to know what you like. Which one‘s interest you?

Here’s the crazy long list, sorry for the unorganized paragraph / run on sentence

I love tangs, the copperband seems super cool, mandarin is awesome, marine Betta, pipe fish, flame Angel, I love Firefish but you can’t do red and purple or mix species, leopard wrasses are beautiful, butterfly fish are amazing, blue chromis look cool, Red Sea orange regal angelfish, queen Angel fish, some a this seem interesting, black cap basslet, I plan on getting a Midas blenny but maybe a starry blenny as well, boxfish are funky, reefsafe butterfly fish, maybe cardinal fish the black and white, jewel damselfish, purple dottyback, lion fish, is there a reef compatible puffer, definitely want a purple, blue tang, Achilles, or gem tang the most, maybe a wrasse that is super bright and has blue or green.

Man I should’ve gotten a bigger tank. I think in about 2-3 years I’ll have a new place and will build a 300 gallon plus in wall. Would any of the tangs work for 2-3 years in the 90
Gallon?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the crazy long list, sorry for the unorganized paragraph / run on sentence

I love tangs, the copperband seems super cool, mandarin is awesome, marine Betta, pipe fish, flame Angel, I love Firefish but you can’t do red and purple or mix species, leopard wrasses are beautiful, butterfly fish are amazing, blue chromis look cool, Red Sea orange regal angelfish, queen Angel fish, some a this seem interesting, black cap basslet, I plan on getting a Midas blenny but maybe a starry blenny as well, boxfish are funky, reefsafe butterfly fish, maybe cardinal fish the black and white, jewel damselfish, purple dottyback, lion fish, is there a reef compatible puffer, definitely want a purple, blue tang, Achilles, or gem tang the most, maybe a wrasse that is super bright and has blue or green.

Man I should’ve gotten a bigger tank. I think in about 2-3 years I’ll have a new place and will build a 300 gallon plus in wall. Would any of the tangs work for 2-3 years in the 90
Gallon?
I really like your fish options though I’m guessing this is a dream list not the one for your current system?

I don’t want to choose for you which ones would work so why don’t you pick a few of the fish you are serious about from your list compared to the ones on your current list and we can talk which ones will work for the set list.

Purple Tang you could house for a few months or a year but it would be the only Zebrazoma tang in this tank and maybe even the only Tang in the tank.

Blue Tang gets too boisterous big and active but can be kept in your display for a few months until it starts reaching that 3 or 4 inch mark. Also the only tang in the tank

Achillies is a no go unfortunately for this tank at any interval but could work well in your Dream Tank.

None of the 3 Tangs should be kept in your sized system for 2+ years just as a disclaimer.

Back