Elimi-NP Dosage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HKAVR45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank: Redsea 525XL ~100G of water after rock/sand/etc. ~ 3 years old
Po4: .25 - Ranging from .2-.35 over a 4 month period. Hanna ULR phosphorous
Nh3: 18 - Ranging from 16-18 over the same period as above. Hanna High Range Nitrate

Over the last 4 months I have been dosing Elimi-NP. I started per the instructions (.1ml/26G) with .4 ml. Over time I have increased this to the max dosage (.5ml/26G) of 2ml per day. I have been dosing 2ml per day for the last 3 months with no affect on nitrate or phosphate. No noticeable changes in the tank in terms of algae or bacteria other than my chaeto has shrunk to almost nothing. I use a DOS for AWC's and change about 2G daily.

I also dose the following:
All-for-Reef - 17ml daily
Kalk - 2100ml daily via stirrer
Dr. Tim's Eco-Balance - 100ml weekly
Vitachem - 2Tsp weekly

Is there a reason why I have seen no drop in nitrate or phosphate during this time? Should I increase the dosage?

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nh3: 18 - Ranging from 16-18 over the same period as above. Hanna High Range Nitrate

Over the last 4 months I have been dosing Elimi-NP. I started per the instructions (.1ml/26G) with .4 ml. Over time I have increased this to the max dosage (.5ml/26G) of 2ml per day. I have been dosing 2ml per day for the last 3 months with no affect on nitrate or phosphate. No noticeable changes in the tank in terms of algae or bacteria other than my chaeto has shrunk to almost nothing. I use a DOS for AWC's and change about 2G daily.

Vitachem - 2Tsp weekly

Is there a reason why I have seen no drop in nitrate or phosphate during this time? Should I increase the dosage?
Just a comment ( disclaimer I never used carbon dosing and chaeto together), if chaeto is shrinking I suspect the Elimin-NP is working, nutrients are being removed. Also if chaeto is shrinking it is probably releasing nutrients back into the water hence the reason your nutrients have not moved yet.
I would stick with your current dose. Honestly your nutrient levels are not going up and are reasonable. Drastic swings could be lot more detrimental if too much carbon dosing is used.

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vitachem - 2Tsp weekly

Did Elimi NP eventually start working for you?
I'm just starting up on it, and it is slow going so far.

OP
OP
H

HKAVR45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did Elimi NP eventually start working for you?
I'm just starting up on it, and it is slow going so far.
I gave up on it. DIY nopox was cheaper and I run GFO. My numbers this morning were 12.8 Nitrates and .13 Phosphate. I'm happy with those and everything looks fantastic.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back