OP
OP
trmnl5

trmnl5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about not adding black vinyl to the back and keeping it clear? What do you guys think?

elos_7.jpg

OP
OP
trmnl5

trmnl5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh at World Wide Corals built this aquascape for me using Marco Rocks. I then did my best to reassemble it at home.

IMG_4606.JPG

I used Two Little Fishies Dry Reef Sand in the tank. These are 44lb bags, and I used 2 bags total.

IMG_4817.JPG

The sand is size #3 which I believe is 2-3mm (not sure). Size number 3 is perfect for the mixed reef setup I'll have in the tank.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!! Excited to follow along!

tedcraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I've been dreaming of owning an ELOS aquarium ever since I saw the 160XL at the original World Wide Corals store in Orlando. I've had a reef tank on and off since 2003, but this is my first build thread here. The stars have magically aligned, and I've finally been able to have an ELOS at home. Francois from ELOS America made the journey to Florida to deliver and setup the tank. He suggested that we do an Italian build with reef equipment from Italy. The equipment will include:
  • (2) GNC BluRay Pro LED lights and light mounting bar
  • Sicce return pump and powerheads
  • Ultra Reef UKS-200 protein skimmer
  • Luna custom sump, bottom floor tray and top off reservoir
  • Top Lids custom aquarium lid
The tank is their Diamond Series that is 98% clear. I've always felt that ELOS is the Ferrari of aquariums. The quality and clarity just has to be seen in person to appreciate it. The tank dimensions are 63"L x 31.5"D x 23.6"T. It has the QuietDrain overflow system with a super small footprint in the tank. Many of the overflow pieces come apart easily to service. It also has a return near the bottom of the overflow that you can place behind the rock work to help with dead spots. The stand has a frame with every panel being removable. This will be a life saver when the floor tray is ready to be installed.

I work as the videographer over at World Wide Corals so there will be a build series on their YouTube coming up. I haven't decided exactly what corals will go in the tank, but everything will be from WWC. I'm definitely open to suggestions if I should do a SPS dominant reef, mixed reef, etc.

Episode 1

Elos_1.jpg

Elos_2.2.jpg

ELOS_3.3.jpg

Sick tank Tommy!

OP
OP
trmnl5

trmnl5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messed with the aquascape some more to get it closer to what Josh had created at the store. The left now has that flowing cave and the right structure has the shelf pieces more horizontal and open. I’m happy with it!

8A71357C-0EFB-434C-A77E-142B80031D8A.jpeg
1ECF9E89-A69D-40BF-9141-0073706E870F.jpeg

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you make a pic further away? overview shot and from top?

Please take your time scaping to get it absolutely perfect an elos deserves that :D
make sure you have room left from the glass to be able to clean the tank also in the future.
hard to see without an overview

it took me 3 weeks just saying :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
trmnl5

trmnl5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you make a pic further away? overview shot and from top?

Please take your time scaping to get it absolutely perfect an elos deserves that :D
make sure you have room left from the glass to be able to clean the tank also in the future.
hard to see without an overview

it took me 3 weeks just saying :p
FD94D0C2-FFF9-409A-8566-1A9A571FCEE0.jpeg

If you watch the video a few posts up, you can see a top down shot. Thanks for the advice…there’s plenty of room to clean all the glass etc. Also, all the plumbing is set and the Luna Reef sump, ATO reservoir and drip tray are all installed. I absolutely love the quality and how it came out!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back