ELOS 160XL 200G Italian Dream Build

Kayanarka

Peg Leg Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first video in the series is live now. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for the future episodes.

Great video, wife and I started watching last night. I would love to get into streaming myself but have no idea how to start, not how to budget my time.
I'm thinking about not adding black vinyl to the back and keeping it clear? What do you guys think?

elos_7.jpg
I am so glad you skipped the vinyl. I read somewhere about background lighting. Your tank needs something like this:

In fact needs maybe should be replaced with the word deserves.

Or you could go way over the top and put a thin display screen behind it connected to a mini PC and display actual reef scenes behind it.

OP
OP
trmnl5

trmnl5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks Great! Who made the drip tray?
Thanks. Luna Reef made the tray, sump and ATO container.

OP
OP
trmnl5

trmnl5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video, wife and I started watching last night. I would love to get into streaming myself but have no idea how to start, not how to budget my time.

I am so glad you skipped the vinyl. I read somewhere about background lighting. Your tank needs something like this:

In fact needs maybe should be replaced with the word deserves.

Or you could go way over the top and put a thin display screen behind it connected to a mini PC and display actual reef scenes behind it.
Wow I really like that background lighting!! I've never seen that before. Thanks so much for the idea.

90reefernyc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great actually found it last night on YouTube. Question on the lights and support how high are the lights from the top of the tank with that mount? Do you happen to know what height GNC recommends?
Thank you

OP
OP
trmnl5

trmnl5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great actually found it last night on YouTube. Question on the lights and support how high are the lights from the top of the tank with that mount? Do you happen to know what height GNC recommends?
Thank you
Oh no way! That’s cool YT recommended it to you. The GNC light bridge has the lights hang 5” above the tank and about 6-7” above the water level, but you can mount them higher if you want. Aquarium Partners tested the light at full power and got PAR readings of 890 around 6-8” below the water. Peppe_reef posted some similar PAR readings as well,

Longatto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
watched all of your videos! thanks for doing this. any updates? How are you liking those lights? Are you getting the expected growth? How does it compare with what WWC uses?

Longatto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates? How's coral growth with the GNC bluerays? still love them?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back