Elos Salt is now available through Aquarium Specialty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elos Salt may not be well known in the US as of yet but we have access to 18 pallets in our home town of Columbia, SC and we also stock it in our warehouse.

We started using it recently (about 3 months ago) and the only noticeable change we saw was improved SPS growth. I don't claim to be a salt expert but our SPS corals seem to really like it.

For shipping, I definitely prefer the tub vs. the box. The boxes are not your typical salt box shape and they may not ship very well via UPS or Fedex. I spoke to Elos about this and we are hoping they will move towards a more traditional salt shipping box.

Elos-Salt-Tub.jpg

Last edited:

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Elos Salt may not be well known in the US as of yet but we have access to 18 pallets in our home town of Columbia, SC and we also stock it in our warehouse.

We started using it recently (about 3 months ago) and the only noticeable change we saw was improved SPS growth. Perhaps it's because Tropic Marin salt is one of the top rated products for SPS corals and Elos salt is made in the same factory. I don't claim to be a salt expert but our SPS corals seem to really like it.

For shipping, I definitely prefer the tub vs. the box. The boxes are not your typical salt box shape and they may not ship very well via UPS or Fedex. I spoke to Elos about this and we are hoping they will move towards a more traditional salt shipping box.

Elos-Salt-Tub.jpg
What salt were you using before that?

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We started using it recently (about 3 months ago) and the only noticeable change we saw was improved SPS growth. Perhaps it's because Tropic Marin salt is one of the top rated products for SPS corals and Elos salt is made in the same factory. I don't claim to be a salt expert but our SPS corals seem to really like it.

Elos-Salt-Tub.jpg
What does the alk test at when mixed at 1.025?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Elos-Salt-Tub.jpg
I hate to have to correct this, but I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Elos salt is not made by, or made in the same factory as, Tropic Marin. In fact, the two companies have no association with each other. Please correct this information wherever you have posted it.

Thank you.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt were you using before that?
That is a question that I expected from this thread but I don't think it is fair for me to answer that because too many variables are involved and the purpose of this thread was to point out that we like to salt thus far. I have no idea if the salt changed improved the noticeable difference in growth observed...or it was something else that we tweaked. With that said I think it would be irresponsible of me to name any names.

We've been getting our SPS system dialed in over the course of the past several months and it could be a coincidence that growth increased when we changed salt mixes or maybe its something else, like our Trident/DOS settings.

Many salt manufacturer claim to have the best salt and we hadn't used Elos until recently so we gave it a try. Please don't read too much into the growth rate increase but it would be interesting to see if others experience similar results.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to have to correct this, but I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Elos salt is not made by, or made in the same factory as, Tropic Marin. In fact, the two companies have no association with each other. Please correct this information wherever you have posted it.

Thank you.
Done, I was told that by the source and another salt manufacturer as well. I will make that correction! My apologies! I assumed what they were saying was correct but evidently they were both mistaken.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back