Elos tank showed up today... but its not all good news.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, having to wait has got to be the worst part about this. I've got a lift gate on my F350, we can drag it over here, pop it open, and do the leak test over here at my house! :D

No dice? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Congrats!

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... so the stand is hosed. Scratches all over the panels. No hardware present to put the stand together. Maybe it fell out? Not sure what happened but I think the crate might have been repacked by FedEx but I'm just guessing at this point.

The panels had a protective coating of shrink wrap but the scratches went through and deep rub marks are on the panels.

The tank was shipped on the pallet with a very thin piece of cardboard underneath it. The overflow has separated a tiny bit on a seem... .I have very little faith the tank will hold water. So I will still leak test the tank and I have contacted the vendor.

Called the vendor and spoke with them. I need to get all my pics together and send tonight.

Incredibly frustrated for sure... I will post pics later.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that is the worst news I have heard all day . I hope that FedEx makes it right and replaces the tank and overnight it to your house. They should send extra guys to ur place to set the new one up while u sit back and watch. While you keep telling them ( this is what happens when you wreck nice thing) that would be the day

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear man but sure it will work out.
Fellow Elos user here 36 gallon midi bought or from BRS depot when they stocked it
What size is it?

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awful. So sorry to hear.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh bro so sorry! BLAH!

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who was your vendor if you don't mind me asking.

Aquarium Specialty... they are doing there part. I have sent the all the images and FedEx docs. I have zero complaints at this point as far as Aquarium Specialty goes.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this makes me appreciate the fact that an Elos store is so close to me and the staffs delivered my tank themselves back when I first started.

Best of luck OP.

V4Vendetta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the sump with the tank also? Did you get the newly updated sump or the old sump design?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know your pain, FEDEX damaged my CL aquarium but I was fortunate that CL did pack everything very well. It turned out OK and I hope yours does as well!

Scared.jpg

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the sump with the tank also? Did you get the newly updated sump or the old sump design?

Mine came with a Sump, ATO and their new DC Pump. The Pump and ATO came in retail packaging and are fine. The sump, I think is the old design. Same design I've seen on others at least. I have ordered a custom Sump from LifeReef which should be done very soon...

Last edited:

V4Vendetta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my ELOS 70 about a week ago and mine came with an newly designed sump according to Nichola. Thank god mine came undamaged. Have you try the leak test yet?

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I received some good news today. Elos is sending me a new Tank and they are going to replace any damaged panels on the stand. So thanks to Scott and Aquarium Specialty and Nicola (Elos) for taking care of this.

I hope FedEx is a bit easier on the replacement shipment.

:);););):):):)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back