(Emarco) concrete and sand bottom

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has tried making a thin (1/2”) concrete bottom out of Emarco and some course Aragonite sand. I was thinking that this might be a way to have the aesthetic of sand without the mess?

any thoughts?

fyi the tank I’m considering this on would be a nano.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has tried making a thin (1/2”) concrete bottom out of Emarco and some course Aragonite sand. I was thinking that this might be a way to have the aesthetic of sand without the mess?

any thoughts?

fyi the tank I’m considering this on would be a nano.
It would all get covered in coraline algae

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One downside to this is coralline algae would eventually cover it since it's not being tumbled around by flow and creatures. I imagine it would grow algea similar to rocks in the tank as well.

OP
OP
Wtyson254

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One downside to this is coralline algae would eventually cover it since it's not being tumbled around by flow and creatures. I imagine it would grow algea similar to rocks in the tank as well.
I’m ok with coralline covering it, I would eventually plan to have encrusting monti’s or other corals cover it as well. My bigger question is in regards to the chemical stability Etc, and to see if anyone has done it before.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back