OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to say it but I’d hold off until you know if you’re stayin or not. The tank would barely even be cycled and you’d have to pull it down, which adds headache when you probably least need it...

Thank you @samnaz ! That’s mostly what I am doing right now .. is holding off !

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last few days have been pretty sad I must say ..

Preparing my self mentally and physically slowly starting to take everything down , and finding ways to store all my items from my build .

Couple of photos of taking down and storing equipment... [emoji24][emoji22]

It’s hurts to do all this .

da8bc6f70331f8fa1eafa952b3707430.jpg

All Ecotech Gear :(

7ae371c8c37665761a7ddde98113f59e.jpg

My hybrid lighting system down.

Next I’ll be starting to store the controller P4 and then the skimmer ..

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-8-19_18-49-24.jpeg

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I build is still on major hold currently at PMT or pre mobilization training , with my unit. I thinking this build may be on hold for about a year or so .

I know a lot of you wanted me to get the tank wet and I am extremely sorry. It just so happened that the government called me out . I will post off and on through out my time that I am gone. So sorry I do apologize for this build coming to this dead stop.

Thank you all so much for the support that all of you showed me through my build and R2R . Thank you so much I feel bad that I am having to stop and I never even got my tank wet or even cycling. Thank you all again once more for all your support and encouragement through out this time of my build.

Thank you .. for “Embarking the Journey” with me on this short time of which I had this thread going.

Sincerely
Clayton J.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I build is still on major hold currently at PMT or pre mobilization training , with my unit. I thinking this build may be on hold for about a year or so .

I know a lot of you wanted me to get the tank wet and I am extremely sorry. It just so happened that the government called me out . I will post off and on through out my time that I am gone. So sorry I do apologize for this build coming to this dead stop.

Thank you all so much for the support that all of you showed me through my build and R2R . Thank you so much I feel bad that I am having to stop and I never even got my tank wet or even cycling. Thank you all again once more for all your support and encouragement through out this time of my build.

Thank you .. for “Embarking the Journey” with me on this short time of which I had this thread going.

Sincerely
Clayton J.

It's completely understandable. So, later when things settle down you can pick it back up.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely
Clayton J.
no need to apologize my friend! we'll be here, looking forward to seeing you back in a year. good luck!!!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely
Clayton J.

No need to apologise, be well, think of the extra planning you can do! :)

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a unexpected update that I was able to get a major deal from a LFS. I was able to get a deal on some used equipment some equipment that I am planing to use for a larger tank ! Hopefully when I come back from deployment.

Used MP40 & Used MP60
a43f6d1dec54ac624ebf69499752fac2.jpg
fc23c2fe78911f9215e0a469da3e70dd.jpg
d86355e12b8f270f2f9e7a1014fd3d25.jpg
e9bca07a147549ba588d781842efa51c.jpg

Went ahead and gave them a quick bath in some vinegar/water .

3e05e79bb0775e7a490bb16e446627fa.jpg
744c3d107566c9919b3ae6d8e047f111.jpg
f453fcaa578d058b8f175cf82e91098b.jpg

After they were soaking a good bit , both pumps cleaned up very nice. It was well worth the purchase ;)

fad76cac665efc9833dead606472227f.jpg
e74a921c8d34cbcedde3e01d558a546c.jpg

Before I had to report in , I went ahead a tested both pumps in my mixing station and both pumps work ! Super excited, I am still going to send both pumps to Ecotech Marine to get cleaned up and updated to the QD drivers . But I was super excited to say that I got flow taken care of to about a 6ft tank ;) Lets just say that’s what I am looking at ! Still trying to get it approved with the wife, but it will happen. Thank you all for still following along ;) hope you in enjoy the little update.

Keep reefing , Clayton J.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know you could send pumps directly to Ecotech for maintenance to be updated and cleaned. Any idea what it costs roughly? I previously have just settled for a good old fashioned vinegar soak.

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know you could send pumps directly to Ecotech for maintenance to be updated and cleaned. Any idea what it costs roughly? I previously have just settled for a good old fashioned vinegar soak.

Hey @samnaz you just create a calm on there webpage EcoTech’s . You state the issue and what you might want done. You pay for shipping unless it’s under warranty, then you pay for the repair, and the shipping back . So price varies on what you want done mostly .

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it has been some time from my last post on my thread. I am still trying to get used to me being here (deployment) , but I have been thinking a lot about my thread and exactly what to do when I come back home. I have a few ideas in my head from staying with either my 75g or staying with the IM and making it a little show reef tank. Now that I have a MP60 and MP40 I am truly thinking about going larger if I can get it approved. I am thinking some where between 120g 150g DT size. What do you all think should I safe up for a larger tank and start over on the build but use a few of the items from my 75g build . Or should I just stay with my 75g build and just roll with that. Or should I start with a nano my IM 30 EXT? What do you all think. My personal feeling is that I should try and go for the larger tank over all maybe the 120g at least. I know I have a light that can handle that size of tanks and I now have pumps that can help me as well. What do you all think I should do ? I am dying to see all your input on your alls advice.

Sorry that my build has been on hold and will continue to be for some time.

Thanks ,
Clayton J.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They always say go as big as you can. Ultimately it depends on what you can afford, money wise and time wise - how much are you willing to spend on maintenance.

For example, consider manual invasive algae removal in a 30g vs a 175g. That's a heck of a lot more time spent plucking away (or maybe manual removal/labor in general isn't your style I have no idea lol). Also, consider how much water are you willing to change on the reg?
Bigger tank = Bigger everything (water changes/buckets/cleaning duties/space/cost to maintain/etc.).

For me personally, if the task is daunting I know I'll eventually slack off and lose interest so I've always stuck with around ~30g.

Another thing, I'm pretty much only here for the inverts and they don't require much when it comes to gallonage. Most others wouldn't be satisfied with relatively small water volume because it limits the potential amount of fish-stock and leaves very few species to chose from.

With any size tank, big or small, there are no limits when it comes to coral species... except when the tank inevitably fills wall to wall with coral, leaving no room for new gems until you trim the old guys back often. But maybe you prefer to watch a colony grow larger than a basketball, instead of acquiring new frags.

What is your general livestock plan?

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the input @samnaz . I did have a live stock list when I was setting up and planning the 75g but now I am really not to sure what to do , to either keep the same live stock list or not . I still do plan on having a mixed reef that leads maybe into a SPS dominate later down the line. I know with the light and pumps that I have allow me some play to where I can go bigger , so honestly I am really trying to figure things out on which size I feel comfortable with. As well as not overwhelming my wife with a massive tank. So I am trying to figure out what I truly want and that hard to say right now. I have heard over and over to get the largest tank you can afford from the start. I also have heard to get the largest tank you can afford and slash it half and that should be the size tank you should go with. So I am still trying to find this sweet spot. I am liking the idea of a 120g or a 150g a lot so I don't know..

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Clayton
A little bit late to the party but I hope all is well.

No worries @Janci ! Better late then never lol! I have been meaning to post something but kinda hard when I fare away from my home or tanks.. just thinking of planning a new build mostly is what I have been thinking [emoji848] lol !

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries @Janci ! Better late then never lol! I have been meaning to post something but kinda hard when I fare away from my home or tanks.. just thinking of planning a new build mostly is what I have been thinking [emoji848] lol !

Good to hear from you.
R2R is everywhere and always!

OP
OP
Clayton Jessup

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear from you.
R2R is everywhere and always!

Sorry been focusing on other aspects , plus it’s kinda of hard to post on on thread when I am not at home. Hopefully I’ll be more active soon ! I should be getting home in like 4 month time frame!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back