Emergency Help And Treat My Fish Tank

Bape47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i have a 55 gallon fish tank about 3 weeks ago,i was have 4 clowns fish 1 blue tang,1 yellow,1 power blue,1 yellow eyes tang,1 mandarine,4 chromis and few corals

first start i saw only blue tang keep scratching his body to the rock,i know it was ich but i thought its normal on blue tang so i didnt treat anything and hes still ok after 3 weeks,fish keep dying around last week,all fishes ate normal nothing happened and then power blue died yellow eyes tang died next few days pairs clown died and i thought they was being bullied of 2 other 2 clowns so 2 days ago mandarine died and then yesterday blue tang died and 1 clown died and today my last clown black phantom died the tank only left 1 yellow tang 3 chromis and fire shirmp,But yellow tang today her eyes already pop white on 1 side already,i saw ich on 1 side of 1 chromis also

i feel so bad and i am so lost about fishes keep dying my whole tank......

i test water everything still ok,so idk what happened,maybe because the ich killed them all?

what i should do now please help

thanks in advance :(

and last friday i did treat 2oz of this no-ich so does it product help and ok with my coral?

41bxjWrSCSL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Last edited:

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like velvet to me.

Remove remaining fish and put them in QT and treat as necessary.

Allow DT fallow for 76days.

Can you upload pics so we can help diagnose your fish?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of the fish when they were sick? Did they have any spots etc? Do your current fish have any spots on them or are they exhibiting symptoms?

OP
OP
Bape47

Bape47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of the fish when they were sick? Did they have any spots etc? Do your current fish have any spots on them or are they exhibiting symptoms?

i just posted some pics,those fish all died :(

i have only 1 yellow tang and chromis left

yellow tang left eye is cloud now :(

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly could be velvet. I don’t like being critical but I do want you to be successful in the hobby. I believe you had way too many fish in a tank that size. Not to mention fish like powder blue and even blue tangs can be prone to ich/velvet. I’ve had powder blue tangs harass all the fish in a tank three times your tanks size. Like others have said, keep that tank fallow. Moving forward really look into the fish you stock and the number that you stock. I feel safe in saying any of us would be challenged in keeping a tank that size with the number and type of fish mentioned successful. Fish behavior and how quickly water chemistry changes would challenge the best of the best.

Back