Emergency Help! My ammonia went through the roof(.5)

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get it tested tomorrow morning but unfortunately the lfs uses api, I use api too and I doubt it is wrong as we both been using it since two years ago, a while ago my cardinal died but never retrieved the body, I have JUST started feeding nori with selcon, but I MADE SURE that the nori they dont eat goes in the trash...
The cardinal body is right by the heater in the picture you posted. You should retrieve it or post a current picture so we can see what the tank looks like now. If that picture wasn't from after the problem started, it does no good.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post has so many issues its not even worth it. I applaud everyone trying to do the right thing. A water change can fix almost any single issue in a fowlr tank related to water quality and this guy doesnt want to do one for whatever reason that is. I have a fowler thats got far dirtier species than this and water changes are your friend no matter what you think. If this guy cant do a water change because he doesnt have salt, cool then say it, or if he doesnt have prime to do it then cool, just say it. Dont just ignore a water change. Your statement on not using prime because it doesnt "fix" the issue is invalid, A water change and/or prime is to buy YOU time to fix the issue with out a loss of life. Fixing a supposed ammonia problem cannot be fixed any other way than a healthy bacterial population which, does not happen over night. Everyone here was trying to give you the emergency info that would no doubt save any fish losses.

Thank you to everyone who beat their head against a wall to try and help.

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already told you I can use prime but that will only temporarily fix the problem, I haven't had much luck before doing water changes as it stirs up the substrate a lot bringing the ammonia even higher, as the detritus is in there kinda accumulated and rotting.
Ok, that is exactly why you clean your sand bed or get cleanup crew that is capable of that

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back