EMERGENCY: Squamosa Clam Keeps Staying Closed for Past 36 Hours

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you that feeding ReefRoids can definitely suffocate a clam though I'm sure others will say that's impossible! I fed ReefRoids and my (2) blue squamosas immediately closed up and never recovered. I don't feed that in my tank with my clams anymore. I'm sure they will say there's no connection, but I had my (2) blue squamosas for 6 months and had no issue with them until I put ReefRoids in that tank. I don't put that in with my clams anymore.
This is news to me yet it does sound plausible. The only thing in the tank with my Croceas that need feeding are nps gorgonians, so I guess as a precaution I will move the gorgonians to another tank since they requite constant feeding.

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a maxima and Derasa on the sand three years. Maxima not growing much. Derasa doubled in size. Love these clams. Reactive and beautiful. My tank has a five year old Razor led and a current orbit pro over the front where the clams are. Don’t know par but doubt it’s near 350. Point 1. My tank wont grow sps with nitrates around 25 and pho’s at 0.5. Dirty but everything else growing. Point 2. Definitely notice clams close up whenever I broadcast reef Rodis. Point 3. Had to remove a linear blenny for nipping at clams. Coral beauty model citizen.

Toffeepooh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a maxima and Derasa on the sand three years. Maxima not growing much. Derasa doubled in size. Love these clams. Reactive and beautiful. My tank has a five year old Razor led and a current orbit pro over the front where the clams are. Don’t know par but doubt it’s near 350. Point 1. My tank wont grow sps with nitrates around 25 and pho’s at 0.5. Dirty but everything else growing. Point 2. Definitely notice clams close up whenever I broadcast reef Rodis. Point 3. Had to remove a linear blenny for nipping at clams. Coral beauty model citizen.
You need to place the maxima on a rock surface and higher up for more intense lighting.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back