Emergency with my apex el flashing blue

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,
So was updating my apex el and it crashed while updating let it be for 30 minutes to see if it refreshed, just flashing different colors....tried a reset no good 6_60 seconds nothing...tried plugging directly into either cable now just flashing blue before cycling colors..any ideas anyone? And yes I do have a ticket open with neptune just looking for ideas in the meantime

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When mine did that it required an exchange for a new Apex. Was easy and they were very good about it. Hopefully you wont need taht.

OP
OP
H

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When mine did that it required an exchange for a new Apex. Was easy and they were very good about it. Hopefully you wont need taht.
Hope so, at least I switched to normal power strips but freakn eh!

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interruption during firmware upgrade usually bricks simple electronics. I have to assume the head unit is no longer connected to your network. You may want to try connecting it to your wifi again, or better yet, at least temporarily connect it to a wired network. But chances are great that it will now have to be reprogrammed to fix the corrupted firmware state.

OP
OP
H

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interruption during firmware upgrade usually bricks simple electronics. I have to assume the head unit is no longer connected to your network. You may want to try connecting it to your wifi again, or better yet, at least temporarily connect it to a wired network. But chances are great that it will now have to be reprogrammed to fix the corrupted firmware state.
Looks like ur right, wired it into the router...no help...talked with neptune, just waiting for a response but seems like I'll have to send it in

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ur right, wired it into the router...no help...talked with neptune, just waiting for a response but seems like I'll have to send it in
They told me that if it's cycling through the colors and direct doesn't work, you need to exchange it. I was pleasantly surprised how easy that process was and the new unit worked flawlessly. Good luck!

Shawlyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my apex about 7 months ago and it just stopped about a day ago just cycles through the colors no matter how many times I try to reset or restart modem it won't reconnect. I sent a message to neptune but it's Sunday night I don't know what else to do.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recommendation with Apex is to always have a display on hand, even if you are not using it all the time. Helps troubleshooting and configuring the head unit easily without relying on the network or fusion.
Assuming you bought the unit new, it's still under warranty. Let Neptune take care of it for you.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my apex about 7 months ago and it just stopped about a day ago just cycles through the colors no matter how many times I try to reset or restart modem it won't reconnect. I sent a message to neptune but it's Sunday night I don't know what else to do.
Your settings will continue working as-is but you won’t be able to change them. They may need to send you a new unit. If that’s the case, you can pay to get it shipped asap, then they’ll refund you when they get your unit back.

Shawlyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your settings will continue working as-is but you won’t be able to change them. They may need to send you a new unit. If that’s the case, you can pay to get it shipped asap, then they’ll refund you when they get your unit back.
Yeah except the weird thing is also that the number 1 and 2 outlets stopped providing power from the powerbrick unfortunately it was powering my ATO and Ink bird heater temp dropped to 74 for about 12-24 hrs everything still looks OK. Thankfully I have some cheaper wifi power outlets that I can control from my phone so I pulled the apex out for the time being until I can get a response from neptune I've also tried to plug in the base unit directly to an either net it would flash the blue light but still would not connect to wifi no matter what I tried.

Shawlyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recommendation with Apex is to always have a display on hand, even if you are not using it all the time. Helps troubleshooting and configuring the head unit easily without relying on the network or fusion.
Assuming you bought the unit new, it's still under warranty. Let Neptune take care of it for you.
It's version 2 I purchased my apex in may the v3 wasn't out yet. I hope they can help thing was working great it saved me a few times so is worth the initial purchase I'll say that

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another reason why I refuse to update! The same thing happened to me, luckily I was able to get my unit back online. Not sure why this has not been taken care of.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back