OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..so I initially used the water in these containers to setup my QT, not wanting to simply just discard them to be buried in the local landfill, so figured I’d use these for my dosing containers.
1B9AADB0-0996-4842-B33D-92D3B3DD16A9.png

I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this but they actually fit quite nicely in the display/cabinet used for the Neptune Apex system .

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down one of the best aquascapes I've ever seen, Like wow! Did you use just regular Marco reef rock and mortar it all together? Stunning build, can't wait to see this puppy grow some coral!

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use just regular Marco reef rock and mortar it all together?
Thx so much for the kind words!:)

You nailed it, that's just about what I did.
Holding it all together with BRS extra thick gel and E-Marco-400 mortar.

Power washed (cleaned out the rock removing all the dust thus opening the pores and crevices) and dried for a week before adding it.

PO4 is current @ 0.9ppm
Nitrate is current @ 0.25 (dropping as Dr.Tim's bacteria and other filtration do their job).

So it's coming along nicely, fish and regular feeds will change those numbers. :(;):cool:

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx so much for the kind words!:)

You nailed it, that's just about what I did.
Holding it all together with BRS extra thick gel and E-Marco-400 mortar.

Power washed (cleaned out the rock removing all the dust thus opening the pores and crevices) and dried for a week before adding it.

PO4 is current @ 0.9ppm
Nitrate is current @ 0.25 (dropping as Dr.Tim's bacteria and other filtration do their job).

So it's coming along nicely, fish and regular feeds will change those numbers. :(;):cool:
Awesome, you have me reconsidering adjusting my 210, only think holding me back is my rock work is all cycled and I don't want to mess with that but honestly after seeing this I think I'm going to be ordering some mortar and glue. Way to go Mando! lol.

MTsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full disclosure: I honestly thought these little feed ports we’re a little “gimmicky”. I mean after all they are 3-D printed and I have not had the best of luck with 3-D printed anything, as far as their durability goes but, I admit I was wrong, sometimes it’s the little things that make this hobby all the better and not having to remove the net is a big plus for me now!

F2F86592-E111-4BC6-9B79-9B90DFFBF36A.png
What kind of lid is that?

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an interesting weekend!

I was in the middle of relocating some of my quarantined animals to a new tank. Unfortunately, one of them thought he was a Japanese kamikaze pilot and decided he wanted to jump out of the container. He leaped very far - so far in fact that he made it down the drain of my utility sink, you know, the one that has the electric pump to push all the water out. Luckily, I managed to hit the kill switch in time and disassemble the unit to remove him.

I have to admit, it stressed me out just a little bit, I mean, all that work to make sure he's alive and free of parasites and the little bugger (not what I'm calling him from now on) decides to commit suicide by a mechanical pump! :confused::rolleyes:

Edit: He/she made it! :D:)

Last edited:

ReeferJay86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you run you algae scrubber? I’m having a hard time trying to maintain a high ph. I have a IM 30long and I have chaeto in 2 chambers and use the IM Refuge light. It turns on as soon as lights go out and off when they turn back on, around 12 hrs. In order for my ph to rise I have to open the door and window every day to get it over 7.8, then it will drop from anywhere of 7.5-7.6

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back