Emily’s Waterbox Marine 70.3 (Upgrade From Cube 20)

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’ve been given the opportunity to move up to a larger build sooner, so naturally I am jumping at the chance! We will be in our apartment until April 2020, & when we get moved into our house, we will be adding a Waterbox Reef 220.6. **This will be how I will be accommodating the fish with larger-swimspace needs.**

I’m currently working on my equipment plan, so that’s how we will be kicking off this build thread.
-Updated 10/09-
Setup: Waterbox Marine 70.3 with white cabinet
Lighting: AI Hydra TwentySix HD x2
Skimmer: NYOS Quantum 120
Return Pump: NYOS Viper 3.0
Heater: (Undecided)
ATO: XP Aqua Duetto
Rock: CaribSea Life Rock (Seeded with live rock)
Sand: CaribSea Bahama Oolite
Frag Racks: Zen-Reef (Undecided on models)

Livestock Plans:
- Pair of Premium Bullethole Clownfish (ProAquatix)
- 1 XS Blonde Naso Tang
- 1 XS Blue Hippo Tang
- 1 XS Yellow Tang
- 1 Helfrichi Firefish
- 3 Green Chromis

Coral Plans:
I will be going for a mixed reef build. I would like to focus on Acans, Acropora and Torches. I am hoping to learn to frag soon so that I can start participating in frag swaps!

I’m really excited about this, mainly because I thought I’d only have my Cube 20 until next spring, and now I get to have a step between the 2. Thank you for checking it out. :)

Last edited:

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds awesome!

I’m jealous of everyone’s nice plans and I’m over here like hey I’m just gonna use this Sunsun heater and old out of date Venturi skimmer and possibly a light that was modded but not in one piece anymore ;Woot

Watching this unfold :). Oh and definitely share photos!

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B0CBA1B6-8706-4778-B447-C6B39C785CB3.jpeg

She’s waiting for me. :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the new tank! Bulletholes are probably my favorite type of designer clowns - I look forward to seeing this come together!

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the new tank! Bulletholes are probably my favorite type of designer clowns - I look forward to seeing this come together!

Thank you! I just absolutely adore them— the first one I ever saw was in Living Reef Orlando’s show tank & I was absolutely hooked, no pun intended!

I’m probably going to order them once my Davinci Extreme pair are out of quarantine.

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like a great plan not sure you will be able to establish the tank before upgrading again though

I will be using a good bit of water & live rock/sand from a very established large tank, so it shouldn’t be *too* bad.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B0CBA1B6-8706-4778-B447-C6B39C785CB3.jpeg

She’s waiting for me. :)

nice! wish they made that in a peninsula...I have been at them for a while now telling them that they need more peninsula tanks in there line up.

you're goona have 3 WB tanks! woot woot then you dont mind if I win the 230.6 peninsula tank then right! ;)

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! wish they made that in a peninsula...I have been at them for a while now telling them that they need more peninsula tanks in there line up.

you're goona have 3 WB tanks! woot woot then you dont mind if I win the 230.6 peninsula tank then right! ;)

Hehe, it would be unfair if I entered the Eel Island giveaway. That being said, I get to sit right next to the real Eel Island all day, and that’s the next best thing.

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That winner of that Eel Island giveaway is going to be one lucky sausage! But lets not talk about that! Let's talk about how excited you must be for the 70.3!! :D

SO EXCITEDDDDDDD! & I’m also so excited for YOUR build, friend! :)

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO EXCITEDDDDDDD! & I’m also so excited for YOUR build, friend! :)
I will tell you. I mostly come home, sit and stare at the R/O machine, wonder if I should start making water! Then go on R2R, basically read as much as I can, then go on YouTube and see if anyone has posted any WaterBox tank videos, then check my mail for that delivery email, then back to staring at the R/O machine. Sleep, go to work and then repeat the previous steps :) that sums up my life at this time pretty nicely!

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will tell you. I mostly come home, sit and stare at the R/O machine, wonder if I should start making water! Then go on R2R, basically read as much as I can, then go on YouTube and see if anyone has posted any WaterBox tank videos, then check my mail for that delivery email, then back to staring at the R/O machine. Sleep, go to work and then repeat the previous steps :) that sums up my life at this time pretty nicely!

Well, soon you’ll have even MORE to do! Have you been scouting around for your new favorite LFS? I think that’s my favorite part of the hobby, honestly.

This past Saturday I went to 4 different ones in the area. It’s an obsession.

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I have! Emerald Bay Aquatics in Hermitage TN. Tiny tiny place, but so helpful, will go out of their way to help, great stock of fish and corals and reptiles actually and they have really won me over! How about you? You must have a few down there in the sunshine state?

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several! Living Reef Orlando & World Wide Corals are both absolutely phenomenal. All of their livestock is absolutely gorgeous, fairly priced and healthy. It’s so difficult not to spend every dime I have while I’m there!

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several! Living Reef Orlando & World Wide Corals are both absolutely phenomenal. All of their livestock is absolutely gorgeous, fairly priced and healthy. It’s so difficult not to spend every dime I have while I’m there!
Spending may become an issue ;)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ShaggyRS6 @EmilyXLC I dont want to hear how you guys get to scout out LFS I dont think we have one in the whole state :/

lucky you emily that you get to hang out my the eel island I am so inlove with that tank. when I win it, I am going to do a butterfly, angel & tang FOWLR it going to be epic!! :p

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back