Emily’s Waterbox Marine 70.3 (Upgrade From Cube 20)

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! I’d personally spend extra on the return pump and get the M2 instead, that way when you upgrade to the 220, you don’t need to buy another return pump. Just turn the flow down for the smaller tank!
That’s what I did!

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! I’d personally spend extra on the return pump and get the M2 instead, that way when you upgrade to the 220, you don’t need to buy another return pump. Just turn the flow down for the smaller tank!

The plan is to keep both of them running, so I’ll still have to buy 2 return pumps. o_O

I’ll just be transferring the tangs over before they outgrow the 70.3.

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ShaggyRS6 @EmilyXLC I dont want to hear how you guys get to scout out LFS I dont think we have one in the whole state :/

lucky you emily that you get to hang out my the eel island I am so inlove with that tank. when I win it, I am going to do a butterfly, angel & tang FOWLR it going to be epic!! :p

I looooooove it! Papaya & Nugget are my babies.
A9470CF8-53C5-40BF-8FB6-C7292B27A8BE.jpeg

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! How is the 70 coming along?

I’m hoping to get it home by the end of next month— I’m going to try to buy everything I need for it first so I don’t have to stare at an empty tank when I’m home. The wait is killing me!

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! I just received a call yesterday from Scott at Ocean State Aquatics that my Waterbox 100.3 just came in. I'll be picking it up next week. My build thread will be starting soon.

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I have finished my weekly tank maintenance & tomorrow I am going to pick up a couple of frags tomorrow!

I have had to separate my 2 DaVinci Extreme clowns because the female had beaten the male up to the point where he has been battling some kind of bacterial infection around his mouth. I have him at work on my desk in my Cube 10 quarantine & even once he gets better, I’m unsure whether or not I want to reintroduce him. If anyone has any input, please let me know!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could try an acclimation box to get them used to each other. Sometimes, though, they just do not work out together.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great deal! I still need to set mine up properly. Let me know how you do it :)
I was in a hurry when i calibrating it. Im not even sure i did it right. That being said it seems to be working pretty well. Basically you post a minimum flow and slowly ramp up flow until your overflow is maxed out and set a high endpoint. If you this part is important because depending on your tank and overflow youncan easily overlfow your system. I have a deep blue 80 gallon rimless and this pump is way way overkill. The overflow cant handle 50% power. Its totally silent its almost unsettling because im used to much much louder return pumps. Took a minute to get used to. I guess now that my tank is running all Ecotech i should find a used reeflink. I want to mess with the differnt settings and modes. See what this thing has got under the hood.

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this. Mine is underpowered right now. I just plugged it in and turned the knob 4 times and then adjusted the overflow . I do need to getting it running at mak capacity though before I start adding anything to the tank.

When you turn the knob, do those lights relate to a certain GPH? I have it in the 3rd light.

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was a doozy!

I was surprised today with the news that I’ll be bringing home everything TOMORROW! I am SO excited— that means this weekend I will be setting everything up! Tears of JOY.

Back