OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 pack of frags arrived and mounted in tank very happy @acro-ed sent a very well packed pack. Not one Frag broke and all have PE already and still have color!

Less than 24 hours from his tank to mine.

Stand outs after one hour in tank

Blueberry wine
Oregon tort
Paletta pink tip
Pink lemonade

Will take some pics of everything when they settle tommarow!!

SPS tank set and ready

SpS wish list next quarter

JF home Wrecker
Asd rainbow Mille
Shades of fall

Example of Frag sizes requested .5 to keep cost lower nothing was a nub!

Hulk and oregan tort

196bb562f6cc4d9868a94f463e93b726.jpg

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank doing very well right now my older sps not the new Frag’s are really taking off. Looking at old pics my tri color valida has doubled in size in the past 45 days and has great color to it. I use this as a tell coral for my sps in general. Love all the new additions so far I think the pink lemonade in 6 months will be my favorite. The Walt Disney as a nub does not do much for me so we shall see lots of flow and lots of light is what they say.

I’ve added a lot of frags at this point I have about 40 corals more or less at this point. I can almost guess my alk within .1 and 100% in tune with it.
I removed the mangroves since they I assume could not keep up the zeolites in reactor. Sad to see them go as they are an awesome feature in a AIO tank. Now I’m staring to see small patches of GHA so while it’s small going to adjust feeding and get a clean up crew. It’s been a year since some new crabs and snails witch spawn and grown in tank regularly to the party I think

Montis are growing well and fighting it daily seasons greetings is the biggest but the rainbow pushes everything else back slowly. The reef tech is getting big now and is staring to show some green! The mystic is a fast grower and covers the reef tech but the other two and flower Petel montis push it back. There all doing great!

Zoas are doing good adding some gobstoppers and amor of gods to tank tomarow. I find the grow better when grouped together so my zoa garden I would say is about 40% full. Ive also realized paying 100pp is ridiculous. 20 bucks max I’m sorry lol for ONE you guys are nuts

Acans grow big so be aware lol

BTA is beautiful and my clown loves it but in hindsight I would not put one in a tank this small again. What happens when it gets big, ugh...

Torch I have a green indo has three heads now. Every reef tank needs a torch coral.

Clam is doing well but I would not say thriving.

I’ve also realized I’m addicted!

SPS is where it’s at.

AquaForest products have done me very well I will say but it if your thinking about buying do it 100% that’s all I can say.

I really want a pair of biota mandarins. Am I crazy? Every day I look at the pods and think of them lol

Acro power 100% works.

I need a camera lens forsure

The tank glows at night it’s awesome.

Little notes to look back on one day lol GN blurry dirty blue
e5937edbb42b18ac3582de85b215d27d.jpg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol,
I have a 250 watt halide setup that would grow those sticks like crazy, lol. SE Hamilton pendant with Radium 20k bulb. PM me if you want, tht bulb basically brand new, fixture used less than 8 months total :) You are doing a great job with the system, keep yp the great work!!!

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol,
I have a 250 watt halide setup that would grow those sticks like crazy, lol. SE Hamilton pendant with Radium 20k bulb. PM me if you want, tht bulb basically brand new, fixture used less than 8 months total :) You are doing a great job with the system, keep yp the great work!!!

Thanks. I doubt I want to go halide honestly the heat would be too much I don’t even run a heater or chiller for years now but I am considering at the end of this quarter if bonus is nice to get a ATi 24 inch T5 hybrid to pair with my Hydra 52 as I do get a lot of shadows because how I did rock.

System is doing good and I’m happy with it. It’s definitely coming along. Thanks a lot of this probiotics stuff working is due to your advice and videos so thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my first disaster has struck. Decided I should move the monti rock so I can space out the acros and of course all the rocks tumble things break so on so on so on.

So frustrating and then I got to my bedroom kids in there of course and my son decided to break every cigarette I had let’s just say I was not impressed after already being very frustrated.

My wife is now upset since there was yelling involved and according to her I’m the adult and it’s my fault.

She probably right.

Ughhhhhhhhh

Glueing things back now in akward home silence

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paletta pink tip took a hit....

Blue digi broke in half....

Nem rock moved so it will probably now walk around ugh....

Season greetings broke also....

Blueberry wine had to be moved..

I’ll be surprised if Red Robin makes it

Myagi tort has to be moved...

Grafted monti broke has to be moved...

I’m so upset right now words can’t even express...

Last edited:
OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order for a big bucket of probiotic salt from aqua forest I have been buying the smaller 5kg the past three times so going with the bigger bucket to see if I can get a extra month or two out of it. Should last a very long time with only 1 a month water changes. I will say my nutrients are up since I can see GHA and might have to scale back to bi weekly changes hence the bigger bucket as well.

I also ordered pro bio s drops to replace my Bactria in tank.

I also ordered extra alk reagent 4 container love Hanna alk checker BTW

Last thing I got is a ice cap coral lens so I can take some great photos for you guys and gals!

Hopefully I get one of those lucky refund tickets so I can pick up some more stuff from BRS

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in bad news the two most expensive Frags I have ever bought not doing well. Walt Disney is going to die half has already STN so its a goner for sure

e759455d10c7082a18e022d489d92de7.jpg

And my bowser zoa seems to have floated away over night and I doubt I’ll find it as it’s a single polyp frag and my sand is black and has million of little grey pebbles lol

0744e550b04b08653ac45234c24c8d2f.jpg

Definitely not moving any rock after what happen last time.

So far nothing has died that broke but for sure red. Robin is not doing well. And everything else seems legit.

Some Frags have even started to encrust the new super glue. Blue stag, Garf Bonsi, hulk and blueberry wine all have new growth

Here’s a FTS
1e2a405f2b8ca810bf625ae8c093a6b6.jpg

Sps island

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4f2fbc779c725abf7482126d8c8ebcc6.jpg

Ended up having to move this chalice when rocks took a tumble a few days ago and I noticed the weirdest thing. It looks hot red all over when a purple spot at top for months..
But since I have not moved it in months when I did the super shaded area when put in light was to my surprise yellow and green and purple. Now I left the area shaded because it’s the smaller size for viewing but do you think I should turn it around or will it just probably turn red as well? I don’t mind the red since it’s big and adds lots of color to middle?

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0069.jpg

Bumped dozer up to 15 ml 2 weeks ago before Frags came in assuming that if I had a bit more in the Frags would be happy suck it up and stabilize but unfortunately it’s just rising. I don’t test calcium often but alk multiple times a week. Going to drop dozer back down to 11 and see if I can get down to the closer 8.0 level.. sub 8 my montis lose a bit of color but I get no algae, ever since bumping up I have GHA coming in so will attack it tomorrow don’t want to put hand in tank since last time it was a disaster lol

Tomorrow my salt arrives so I’ll do 4 consecutive one week water changes to get back normal levels I also ordered pro bio s and will start dosing it regularly. Think I’m going to look into some no4 dosing after my acro power runs out

Here’s some random pics as tank wakes up in other news my ice cap lens kit arrives tomorrow as well.

Hopefully randy from BRS put one of those golden tickets in box so I can get some more stuff. Need a lid as I’m ready to add some more fish now.
471ef92c264727819c8aa8706e69491b.jpg
b6fbadf89b3ba1b772379f514e5b61b1.jpg
25a396f610121af2e6412b2f359069c1.jpg
2083173240fb51c795b583ac31f3a0d0.jpg
ba7c9416744bfb3b53108f921e9e2ea0.jpg
ca0bce2351b20637514a2e58cc163c2b.jpg
980ea71c9e2916f09dd304b5089dc4c4.jpg
0b952072977e938c0868edf4fa79f580.jpg
2696bf47bcd204f32e31ad5576473791.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back