OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went ahead and purchased a mandarin dragonet fat little guy been in lfs for some time doing well. Wanted a biota but $100 price tag is a lot on fish that commonly dies. But we shall see pop and drop it have not seen it since lol lots of rock work I guess thought I could see everything spot but this fish has proved me wrong even with a flash light lol I can’t see it. But that’s a good thing it has a spot to hide.

I added rotifers to tank the whole bottle.

I left glass super dirty in Preparation for the fish thousands of pods always out as I only have two clowns who sometimes eat them. So should be plenty of food. I plan on adding pods as needed

Pics soon come.

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
974895656a0cd78acb063624c089ac5a.jpg
16daf13766ad78bd0ef8bf97a7d2e52e.jpg
564c722417f0beb2e9977b0819130a6f.jpg

New scape looking good. Cut away all of the top egg crate for more of a natural look. Super happy with how the tank is coming along.

Wife walked by and said today tank looked great and really looks like a reef. She said wow so many corals are so big lol I was super happy because it’s a labor of love and costly over past few months.

She gave me the okay on a new stand. Going to get a few quotes for something custom. My exact stand is discontinued now. So looking for something nice. And long term so I can add a sump to set up. Was thinking of this guy. So that I can add a bigger skimmer add water volume and be able to run a refugium up top in the AIO chamber. And only use the the return in the tank to allow flow in the refugium. Use a y valve to run the return from sump out of the same hole in tank return at least that the idea. I’m comfortable drilling the acrylic false wall if I need too but not the glass my any means.

I plan on using a hang on back overflow of some sort to plumb the sump into my AIO.

Just an idea for now

e74c391aaa3a2c4dd5334c1bf008c2d8.jpg

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So even though no one talks to me on here lol I guess This is a journal.

But in any event tank is doing well. Zero corals lost still almost a year now. All 18 sps Frags I added have all already grown over glue and doing very well.

Stax rock is no longer white and going through the ugly phase but man I love it and after being able to look at and meet Julien Sprung from two little fishes I’m convinced my next tank will be built 100% with there rock. 70G IM drop off is what I would like next maybe a Xmas gift to my self or maybe next year free tax return money lol either way I’ll be getting one start the count down.

I like making the YouTube videos and I like the community there. I do find it weird that most you tubers are not on R2R I thought the two would have some crossover but none at all. Most of he prominent youtubers don’t visit the site. Crazy being such a niche hobby.

I ordered some more AquaForest products today adding AquaForest energy and AquaForest amino mix. Switching from acro power so we shall see if there’s a difference I’ve run acro power for a year now and am a fan of two little fishes products but I do think I really want to go full 100% AquaForest.

I’m now using from AquaForest.

I’m a believer and will certainly run this probiotic method on all my tanks in the future

Probiotic Reef salt
Components 123+
Zeolites
Carbon
Np- Pro
ProBio s
Build
Energy
Amino mix

What I still need
Vitality
Di resin
Stone fix
Phyto mix

What I want
All the extra stuff lol

I’m saving up kinda lol waiting for a bonus lol for an apex el

Overall tank is doing well. and I’m happy with its progress

d65847c23d20709ce658bdce1994cbb4.jpg

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank @SKYHIGG! Are those two digi's different? Bubble gum on the left and Forrest Fire in the middle?

Yes they are the bubble gum is in the middle and forest fire is the top left there both really nice. I also have the German blue digi as well.

Thanks for checking it out

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back