NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9d80bfb7df7f24f5a9d7de0b38704f9b.jpg

80d49f9f0ed466691245c745d6f2adfd.jpg

Tank looking [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] lately...

Going to do a water change tommarow and swap out all the zeolites and carbon in my reactor.

Also picked up a flipper nano scraper works well but I should have got the mid range one. But super happy with purchase as it has glass looking amazing and I have cleaned spots I’ve never been able to reach. So a little more hard work and I’ll be good. No more hands in tank so it was a great purchase all in all.

Put out a few local ads for some swaps for my doubles and got a few hits so tommarow I’ll be trading one of my Miami orchid Frags for a utter chaos also Sunday I’ll be trading my paletta pink tip my other Miami orchid and a Blue Digi for a pc rainbow, mummy eye chalice a mini colony of pandora palys and green rhodactus to another person for another zoa morph hopefully once they decide.

So some new stuff coming in with out having to spend any money means progress in the hobby imo. And the opportunity to meet some more local hobbyists.

Still planing on taking the drive up to Orlando in a month for macna.
Sounds like some excellent trading going on. Tank looks excellent as per usual.

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like some excellent trading going on. Tank looks excellent as per usual.

Thanks yea I’m excited to do some trades let’s see if everyone follows through. Suppose to meet up one guy today and another Sunday. Nice to get tank to a point we’re people want to trade lol..

And thanks for the comment on tank she’s ticking along for sure.

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did some light maintenance to my tank.

Changed out all my carbon and all my zeomix rocks in reactor this is done monthly.

Filled up Ato for the next week and a half more or less.

And filling up five gallon bucket for monthly water change. I think I’m back at a point we’re it can done monthly but I’ll keep watching tank.

I also made a decision to change my light Schedule a bit up my blues and purples and UV too 100% almost all day and my whites up to 40% peak hours and red and greens up to 25% in day time. I’m hoping the more white will promote growth and by the time I get home at night I can enjoy my blues!!

Here’s a bright white morning shot after reactor clean and glass clean. And almost no blue so I could find all dirty spots and clean them well.

21b08896a7e49af8173c6983e030e8ff.jpg

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using web browser will def take some getting used to but I went ahead and deleted the app. So I can force my self to use it.

Sorry for so many triple pics. Still learning with out tapatalk.

Went ahead today and did a water change on the system and tried to remove as much detritus as possible.

As is customary I had Rocks slip and had to do a little re scape.
Swapped out my carbon zeolites as well. Also have gyre a clean up and skimmer a little.

I’m definitely over the hydor skimmer it’s not work but since it makes great bubbles I leave it hooked up. 3 years I’ve had it so I guess I got my money’s worth.

I really don’t want to spend any money on new equipment since I really want a bigger tank sooner than later.

Corals all doing okay. Sold all 8 of my first set of Frags locally so made a few bucks and took family out for dinner. Wife was happy about the tank providing a nice Olive Garden dinner for 5 lol

Clam died in bad news after a year not sure why. But sticking to my guns of not changing anything because of one death. If I lose three corals I’ll start to really invitigate.

Add a few new zoas to the system

La lakers
Gatorades
Purple monsters
Tucan sams
And frozen apples witch is my favorite out the the five.

Tank still looking good if you ask me.

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made up some new Frags I’ll be selling tommarow to a local reefer super happy about that. Think I’m gonna use the money and get my self either a really nice frag or a new skimmer we shall see if sale goes through.

I also fragged my bounce mushroom my heart was pounding lol

And as I start to cut my wife walks in kitchen and says o look dad is killing his coral to my kids and I’m like great thanks for the support. lol smh

But all is well
And tank is trucking along so to speak
7FC0A0B9-5481-488A-BBA8-1817E6713C5B.jpeg
D0BD328D-333F-4221-A6BB-ACE7D4A06523.jpeg
F6B3E3BC-5C81-474F-8BAF-243E2C189F47.jpeg

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So super good day reefing. Made $130 of Frags lol

I don’t really like cutting my corals but being able to pay for a dinner for family every now and then is nice. Being able to pick up supplies with money from tank is nice. Being able to get new corals with out spending money from my account is nice lol

So today I grabbed dinner and are you ready lol

A frag of Orange Passion super stoked to get home and stare at it.

My lfs has a whole colony of it was cool to see it full size with the yellows oranges and blues. I got a little booger of a frag but for a great price! Will post an in tank photo when I get home had to share while in drive thru buying dinner lol wife is happy I’m happy and it all helps my case on a new tank! She said wow babe you’ve made 250 this month lol the new tank is like $1200 she does not know that part yet lol
15CF5745-736D-4BBE-9A16-FC5C5B91A563.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, that glow in those is just nutty.

Thank you sir! She’s definitely coming along and they do look crazy good. It’s funny looking at them online and wondering is it worth it.

These two are definitely worth it WD and SCOP there wow corals can’t wait too see them grow into colony’s!! The blue and orange on this S.C. op is crazy especially since I got too see the mother colony!

Acid trip Millie is next on my list for a pick up!

After that Route 66 millie
And lastly JF home wrecker

And I’ll have my top five sps Frags

Walt Disney
SCOP
Acid trip millie
Route 66 millie
JF homewrecker

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some pretty little nubs you got there ;)

Thanks they really are. Balling on a budget so to speak lol

But they say it’s not the size of the boat but the motion in the ocean lol

They will grow up one day and I’ll be staring at them all along...

Thanks for all the likes always

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back