OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a lot of fine tuned questions about exact details i don't remember. Ha ha. Thxs for the plan ill try and follow as a norm going forward

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE. i have determined the problem with my angel. Its one of two things.
1. Intestinal worms
Symptoms:
White stringy feces, pinched stomach, loss of color, fish eats voraciously but still seems to be losing weight.
Treatment of choice: Praziquantel
Alternative treatments: Fenbendazole, Levamisole, Piperazine

2. Internal parasites/flagellates
Symptoms:
White stringy feces, pinched stomach, loss of color, fish eats voraciously but still seems to be losing weight. Flagellates are more virulent than worms, and thus can kill faster.
Treatment of choice: Metronidazole
Alternative treatments: Albendazole, Flubendazole and Mebendazole all show promise.

Thanks to who ever wrote this stuff. I have had him in qt for a almost a week and have been treating with API G.C. and erythromycin. He is still passing large white poop strings about 1' long. Yes 1' +/- an inch or two look at the pics. My angel is 5", Im going to post another thread about ideaing this for others because even tho I'm greatful for the advice i got. No one ever helped me id the issue causing me to put my fish thru some un-needed stress. But know i know what to look for. Fyi the fish is fine and doing well.
20200104_172035.jpg
20200104_171648.jpg

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m late to this thread but I had an emperor that wen through the extract same thing....I took him out of the display and gave him a 10m fresh water dip w/ hydroplex...he looked much improved after that. Then I dosed the QT tank with general cure as well as sprinkled GC on all his food. Did this for 14 days. He got a little better everyday and today is thriving in display tank. He’s starting to transition into adult now. Hope all is working out....

Last edited:

leckytyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m late to this thread but I had an emperor that wen through the extract same thing....I took him out of the display and gave him a 10m fresh water dip w/ hydroplex...he looked much improved after that. Then I dosed the QT tank with general cure as well as sprinkled GC on all his food. Did this for 14 days. He got a little better everyday and today is thriving in display tank. He’s starting to transition into adult now. Hope all is working out....

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back