Emperor Angel with some spotting

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What a nightmare. Sorry to hear. I've worked pretty hard to keep my tank clean of anything out there I have a scopas and two clowns that I qt'd and they have been doing amazing this emperor is next up at the end of this prazi cycle.
I was being so careful with sticking this tank, and took the chance with the Bella as being a high slime fish, it was a lower risk. Lost that bet.

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was being so careful with sticking this tank, and took the chance with the Bella as being a high slime fish, it was a lower risk. Lost that bet.
I am giving Dr reefs quarantine fish a try ordered a few things. I've heard really good things so fingers crossed.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am giving Dr reefs quarantine fish a try ordered a few things. I've heard really good things so fingers crossed.
I’ve heard good things as well. He does stipulate that their quarantine is not guaranteed so I would at least observe for 30 days in a QT.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 tanks that are set up along with my DT I will 100% be observing still haha.

Prazi is broken down in aquariums after a few days. I think what you are seeing are a reaction to where the flukes were on the fish, flukes break through the skin, and when they are removed, there is damage that can be visible on some fish.

My fear is that this is from Neobenedenia flukes - they are tough to control because they lay eggs and the prazi does not kill the eggs. The eggs hatch out at different rates, making it difficult to time an effective second treatment - but the idea is to kill off the newly hatched flukes without them getting old enough to lay new eggs. Even a single egg can start up a new infection. Some people dose prazi 5x, about 5 or 6 days apart. I prefer to treat with hyposalinity, 1.012 for 35 days. If you do want to try just two prazi treatments, try dosing the second one after 8 days.

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back