Emperors of R2R (pomacanthus imperator)

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Four months, no snacks yet. the Blue on the other hand.....
I am guessing you are talking about the juvenile blueface? I never could find a juvenile that didn't destroy coral. No issues with sub adults and adults. They have it backwards. Most angels are great as juveniles but start nibbling as adults, the blueface is the opposite

Premnas1

View Badges
Reaction score
Nah, the blue/queen hybrid on the left, eats sinularia, picks at the stylo on the right. The juv. in the middle is an annularis

OP
Wen

Wen

View Badges
Reaction score
I am guessing you are talking about the juvenile blueface? I never could find a juvenile that didn't destroy coral. No issues with sub adults and adults. They have it backwards. Most angels are great as juveniles but start nibbling as adults, the blueface is the opposite
Hey Alton, how is your imperator doing that arrived late in the leaking bag?

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
And my latest gamble trying to get an adult to accept a large juvenile. I have done an adult with a small juvenile, just not large. The kenyan angels are 5+ inches before turning. I have an LFS that loves me when trying something that doesn't work out. Like having too many regal angels or a large blue face or adult imp that doesn't fit.
adult imp.JPG

juv imp.JPG

https://www.omegasea.net/

watdachuck

View Badges
Reaction score
I hope it works, would be awesome to have a mated pair! I have only seen that once I think in an older Coral magazine where a restaurant owner had two in a 20K gallon display.

shaggydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
The imperator is my favorite fish. It's my profile picture, though most don't recognize it, and was my prize possession in my last tank. Current tank is way too small, bit my next tank will be much larger just to accommodate a new imperator.

OP
Wen

Wen

View Badges
Reaction score
The imperator is my favorite fish. It's my profile picture, though most don't recognize it, and was my prize possession in my last tank. Current tank is way too small, bit my next tank will be much larger just to accommodate a new imperator.
Cool profile pic!

Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

• I'm still ordering and not worried

Votes: 313 33.7%
  • I'm ordering but being cautious about delivery

Votes: 178 19.2%
  • No I am not ordering right now

Votes: 396 42.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 41 4.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors