Emperors of R2R (pomacanthus imperator)

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four months, no snacks yet. the Blue on the other hand.....
I am guessing you are talking about the juvenile blueface? I never could find a juvenile that didn't destroy coral. No issues with sub adults and adults. They have it backwards. Most angels are great as juveniles but start nibbling as adults, the blueface is the opposite

Premnas1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, the blue/queen hybrid on the left, eats sinularia, picks at the stylo on the right. The juv. in the middle is an annularis

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing you are talking about the juvenile blueface? I never could find a juvenile that didn't destroy coral. No issues with sub adults and adults. They have it backwards. Most angels are great as juveniles but start nibbling as adults, the blueface is the opposite
Hey Alton, how is your imperator doing that arrived late in the leaking bag?

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my latest gamble trying to get an adult to accept a large juvenile. I have done an adult with a small juvenile, just not large. The kenyan angels are 5+ inches before turning. I have an LFS that loves me when trying something that doesn't work out. Like having too many regal angels or a large blue face or adult imp that doesn't fit.
adult imp.JPG

juv imp.JPG

shaggydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The imperator is my favorite fish. It's my profile picture, though most don't recognize it, and was my prize possession in my last tank. Current tank is way too small, bit my next tank will be much larger just to accommodate a new imperator.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The imperator is my favorite fish. It's my profile picture, though most don't recognize it, and was my prize possession in my last tank. Current tank is way too small, bit my next tank will be much larger just to accommodate a new imperator.
Cool profile pic!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started adding corals again ......

my juv already picks on Duncan’s. Acans , Paly , Zoas , and favia frags .
Hasn’t touched hammer , anemone , Xenia or sps frags .

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started adding corals again ......

my juv already picks on Duncan’s. Acans , Paly , Zoas , and favia frags .
Hasn’t touched hammer , anemone , Xenia or sps frags .

So what's your plan? Are you going to remove those tasty corals, remove the juvi or let nature take its course?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's your plan? Are you going to remove those tasty corals, remove the juvi or let nature take its course?
I have the tasty lps on a rack in my sump for now . im looking into adding a frag tank to this system to separate everything

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wanted a blue ring or a queen .
but I know for sure a queen will eat everything !

more research is required before adding anything else .

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Emperors. I have Regals and Flames in my reef so I cannot put an Emperor in it. but I would def would not mind having an Indian Ocean Emperor in it. In the olden days, there were several experts who wrote that Emperor color change in aquarium does not have good coloration. Is there still any truth in this these day with great source of food for our fishes?

I see so many videos and pictures of tanks with Emperor with Regals and Flames. Why do you think it wont work with you?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see so many videos and pictures of tanks with Emperor with Regals and Flames. Why do you think it wont work with you?
I like a pair of large angel, and a harem of dwarf angels. I have selected Regal and Flame angels. I cannot very well have two pairs of of large angels in my tank so I did not want to add an Imperator pair also.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like a pair of large angel, and a harem of dwarf angels. I have selected Regal and Flame angels. I cannot very well have two pairs of of large angels in my tank so I did not want to add an Imperator pair also.

ok, didn't realize you wanted a pair of emperors. However, that would be amazing though

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back