sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh pic update
20211203_173950.jpg

Just look at that shimmer. Fans still silent and coral looks happy.
20211203_173950.jpg

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish i could have. I never had a good local reef store nearby. Petco was the only place.
Aquarium obsessions and coral crib are legit. Sailfin is a decent lfs focus more on fish than anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at AO 1 hour 30 minute drive is much. It was a nice place. But... I dont like asking for coral prices. It sucks.
I agree. The coral crib has all things priced. The stuff he doesn't I know I can't afford any way. I still ask about it just not price. Staff is great

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211130_201211.jpg

Look goodies.
20211130_201411.jpg
20211130_201438.jpg

@noopsyche donated three lights to further enable this tank. Much appreciated guys.

Unboxing was fairly straight forward be warned noopsyche loves tape. The more the better I believe is thier motto. Have knife or scissors handy to get into the package.

No instructions for instalation. (Recommend insert ot website link) most will be able to go to thier website and figure it out from a stock photo.
I'll be posting a video soon on how to install.

Unfortunately I set one up and stopped at this point. The bracket is too small for my rimmed tank. The bracket will accommodate a rimmed tank that is 1 inch anything over that the lights will have to be hung.
20211130_214148.jpg

Final instulation will take place this weekend after the Michigan vs Iowa fb game. Go Michigan.
GO IOWA!!!!!!

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche Review

Full disclosure Noopsyche gave me the lights for a review and growth comparison.

The shipment was well packaged and secured with tape. It made the trip from manufacturing in Hong Kong to Springfield Il without issue or damage. Communication with Noopsyche was fantastic and they were very responsive with shipping issues. Fed Ex had some issues with tracking and shipping delays.

Installation

Installation was a bit tricky lack of instructions was a serious issue. It took some work and looking up stock photos online to figure how the brackets fit together. A website or an insert would have been extremely helpful and a time saver. I had another issue that Noopsyche did not explain is the brackets that fit on the side of the tank. If the trim of the tank is over an Inch the brackets will not fit. This really needs to be on the website. I was able to rig up a bracket for my tank. If you have a tank 90gallons or above with trim the brackets won’t fit. I have not seen bigger brackets being offered. Be careful with the x brackets that attach to the lights they are plastic and easily cracked if tightened too much.

Programing

Programing is where I had the most difficulty. The controller that can be ordered is not a must, but it makes the lights programable. If you are using these lights for a reef, I would say it’s a must have. The controller looks very cheap and flimsy. There are 4 program option, manual, sps, lps, lps\sps. I could not get the manual option to work. The 3 other presets I fully believe would burn most coral. I will update with par numbers when I get a par meter. The nice thing about the other preset is that you can customize them with light intensity, color mix and duration. Again, I was unable to do this is manual mode this will have be changed in the preset options. It’s nice that the other 3 modes are customizable. The major issue with the controller is that it kept freezing and thus made programing extremely difficult. I eventually was able to get the lights programed. A quick note about the programing. See attached diagram.

Operation

The fans are really quiet. I cant hear them. If you attach the brackets to tight to the arm it is possible to hit the cooling fans and make the fans extremely load. The same goes for zip ties. I noticed a slight smell with these lights the first time they were in operation. That was expected since they were new and other stated the same thing. I have not noticed the smell since then.

The shimmer is amazing. It was the first thing that my wife noticed. This is something I didn’t have with t5ho.

Stefan Bladen

@noopsyche

this is the correct way to program the lights come on at 0800 and start ramping up.
Polish_20211203_221447007.jpg

This is the wrong way. Lights go off at 2300 but come right back on to start to ramp up till 0800 when the lights will be 30%
Polish_20211203_221341949.jpg

*edit*
*The manual mode was never designed for time customization. It was designed for instant on and off. Manual mode the reefer has to manual turn the lights on or off. A few examples, emergency when lights are off, in the middle of the day you want to show off coral flourescening stuff like that. The sps,lps,sps/lps modes is where the customization is done. *

Last edited:
OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche the absolutely worst part of your lifht set up is the controller. Its absolutely frustrating to work with. The controller keeps freezing and I have to unplugg and restart it. Its a must have for the lights and it freezes more than 50% of the time. App that allows lights to Bluetooth would be a great feature.

I'm hard pressed to recommend lights with controller issues

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich... I think id be really upset about that. Where do you have the controller plugged in? I assume a power strip.
It is and other stuff on strip is working fine. Other outlets have zero effect on controller it still freezes.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back