Mangrove swamp

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OMG that's right, you're in springfield.... Do I get a welcome to the other side of "hades". Been here 3 years. new mexico is 100 times worse... In different ways. I wont talk about it.
@noopsyche
Noops up had to rig a mount for them. Disappointed not different sizes for rim sizes. I've been messing with the controller for about 2.5 hours. The controller won't pair with lights and the controller keeps freezing.

Disappointing start to a promising light.

Very frustrated. Unplugging all the lights and starting over in the morning. If can get these working my t5s will go up and ill deal with them later.

Peace out before I throw this controller across the room.
If you like, I could probably try to help, if it is a real issue... I wouldn't be able too. There are some tricky parts to connecting the controller to the light.

on the lights there seems to be 2 blue indicator lights, 1 for manual programming, the other for connecting.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG that's right, you're in springfield.... Do I get a welcome to the other side of "hades". Been here 3 years. new mexico is 100 times worse... In different ways. I wont talk about it.

If you like, I could probably try to help, if it is a real issue... I wouldn't be able too. There are some tricky parts to connecting the controller to the light.

on the lights there seems to be 2 blue indicator lights, 1 for manual programming, the other for connecting.
I got all that no problem. Fairly straight foward. The problem i had was the controller kept freezing and not letting me move to program. I found a work around but it did take me a lot longer to program.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of notes. Heather walked down in the middle of programming this morning. Her first response was wow look at the shimmer.

Second response your stressing out the fish with the programming.

I'll get a proper write up this evening. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do not like the lights changing out. Mine absolutely hated when I was dialing in the lights. Once it is all set, they'll be fine.
Yep but they will get over that quick enough. Now that they are programed changing intensity won't be that big of a deal.

The coral on the other hand is a whole different ball game. I'm going to be borrowing a par meter from a friend this weekend. Thats going to be all kinds of fun.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
kittenbritches tested hers with apogee. I was able to mimic her settings and get very close to the same reading from my seneye and her apogee. She hates the fans on the units. A whole nother bag of beans.

I assume the old lights were t5s? I wont go on about the subject. Hope you enjoy the lights and they bring you no issues :)

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kittenbritches tested hers with apogee. I was able to mimic her settings and get very close to the same reading from my seneye and her apogee. She hates the fans on the units. A whole nother bag of beans.

I assume the old lights were t5s? I wont go on about the subject. Hope you enjoy the lights and they bring you no issues :)
Keep going on i don't have issues with it. Part of this build is lights

Fans I don't hear and I'm going from t5 to led on the 125. The 90 still has t5 with a small led for ramp up/down and full blues.

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I honestly think KB's fans are broke. Very annoying to listen to when she made a video. The Np controller seems to stump a few people. I could name one I think he hasn't gotten his to work yet. And it pretty much gave up and gives him the "red" light.
Since you were running t5, I assume that is a lot more par than my old orbits. Never again! I hate those leds.

I'm enjoying this experience with led. Its always great to push oneself
I believe the leds and halides produce "rays" where the t5 is far more diffused due to the tubing.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. I wanted to share the par map with you. I believe you seen it. 26" from light - bottom of an 80% out put was 230ish par.

I think you read the par war in kb's noopsyche thread.
I did

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crappy best I got before I left for work
20211203_081439.jpg

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly think KB's fans are broke. Very annoying to listen to when she made a video. The Np controller seems to stump a few people. I could name one I think he hasn't gotten his to work yet. And it pretty much gave up and gives him the "red" light.
Since you were running t5, I assume that is a lot more par than my old orbits. Never again! I hate those leds.

I believe the leds and halides produce "rays" where the t5 is far more diffused due to the tubing.
If she makes the x bracket to the mounting arm to tight very possible they rubbing. Just a thought.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If she makes the x bracket to the mounting arm to tight very possible they rubbing. Just a thought.
I didn't even think about that. I am worried if they are able to stay attached, as it is just a screw holding them in place.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back