Mangrove swamp

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@noopsyche the absolutely worst part of your lifht set up is the controller. Its absolutely frustrating to work with. The controller keeps freezing and I have to unplugg and restart it. Its a must have for the lights and it freezes more than 50% of the time.
I saw your video.When you press the left and right buttons, I saw the light responds. When you are adjusting the light percentage value, press the left and right Buttons to adjust the brightness of the light. You don't need to press the up and down Buttons. After you set the brightness of the light, you need to press the confirm button in the middle to complete the adjustment before you can set other groups.
I think this guideline can help you figure out something: https://noopsychereeflight.com/pages/operation-guide

Nancy

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your video.When you press the left and right buttons, I saw the light responds. When you are adjusting the light percentage value, press the left and right Buttons to adjust the brightness of the light. You don't need to press the up and down Buttons. After you set the brightness of the light, you need to press the confirm button in the middle to complete the adjustment before you can set other groups.
I think this guideline can help you figure out something: https://noopsychereeflight.com/pages/operation-guide

Nancy
I saw that too. It just wasn't that one time. Its a regular thing. The controller just won't respond.
I knew all that. You hold confirm for 2 seconds and it saves. Yesterday when dialing in the par on the lights. The controller froze. I couldn't move select or confirm. The only fix was to pull the cable and do a hard reset. It happened 2 twice. Its like there's a short in the controller. Very possible I have a bad controller.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche i really do like your lights. Eye test got them almost dialed in. Par meter i made just smidgen adjustments. The shimmer is incredible. No negative reaction from the coral. Even the coral i pull from the 90 looks like its doing well. The coral pops under the lights and I can still maintain the white look for the fish.

The coral beauty is amazing under the lights. Overall the lights have have met my expectations.

One of my best friends stopped by last night. He prefers your lights over the t5 on the 90. He said the shimmer adds so much to the tank.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more
20211205_214102.jpg
20211205_212726.jpg
20211205_212703.jpg

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw that too. It just wasn't that one time. Its a regular thing. The controller just won't respond.
I knew all that. You hold confirm for 2 seconds and it saves. Yesterday when dialing in the par on the lights. The controller froze. I couldn't move select or confirm. The only fix was to pull the cable and do a hard reset. It happened 2 twice. Its like there's a short in the controller. Very possible I have a bad controller.
Oh, I saw that
It is estimated that there is a problem with the group. Do you check if other groups have similar problems?
I will send you an upgrade procedure for Google Mail. Then you need to update the program.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I saw that
It is estimated that there is a problem with the group. Do you check if other groups have similar problems?
I will send you an upgrade procedure for Google Mail. Then you need to update the program.
I did not. That was something I never thought to check

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did not. That was something I never thought to check
Sorry for that. This is a very small probability thing. since K7 V3 produced , your controller are the second to meet this failure.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back