Enchinata show off thread!!!!!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see those enchinata Pieces!!!! I have always loved them and after today scoring a Hawkins colony in a trade " fuego frag" I realized there my favorite stick hands down... I currently own colonies of the Aussie, Fiji, and now Hawkins with a frag of og ice fire which I believe is the same as the Fiji I can't seperate the differences in the two...
Let's see them post them up!!!!! My phone shots are not worthy but for giggles here they are....
Fiji
781dc471.jpg

Aussie
ba59ba18.jpg

Hawkins
f54ddacf.jpg

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking pieces Lee. I think that the best wild Echinata I've seen is the wild piece that Peter (SDGuy) got from Ian. Peter has shown pics on here of that piece and he has colored it up into a beauty!!! When they are colored up nicely, they're one of the nicest stonies out there!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup looks identical to mine picture number 2 the Aussie... Peter has a excellent picture of it irl it's identical to his... That's why I said if you think that's nice wait till I break out the real camera..:xd:

Madreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the blue or purple one Ian? It's hard to tell. That purple one was sweet.

Here's a pic of my tyree ice fire that I killed in the upgrade. I'll be growing another one out!
Ice-Fire-1.jpg

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's the more purple one but I'd honestly call the tips a deep blue. Super sick piece!!!

iap

F Tyree
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are sick in person I was just over troys house yesterday shopping lol. Thanks again! Hope everything does good for me especially that lil nub of goodness. And hopefully that hawkins colors up nicer for you with that bad@ss light set up you got going on

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice ones guys.... What lighting are you using or how much light should i say is it getting??? Mine lost green long ago just super bright blue and white... I think I'm blasting them to much haha.... The blue is so pretty it's hard to move it down..:(

Paintguy 209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm growing mine under a 6 bulb ATI Powermodule with the light hung about 12" from the tank and the coral about 8" from the surface.
Bulb lineup:
Blue plus
Super actinic
Blue plus
Aquablue special
Blue plus
Blue plus

reefaddictionrx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pieces... I have the Hawkins but that's the only one so far. And although I love the look of my milli's, the echinatas just look so delicate/intricate, it really sets them apart than most of the other SPS.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back