- ENDED - Fragtacular Live Sale Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Zoanthids

Zoanthids

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congrats @Gtinnel.

Just got out from camping.ehat did I miss?
It's After Sale Time!!!

Fragtacular-After-Sale.gif

Charlie G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly move them to lower light and give them time. If you'd like you can also give them a bit of target feeding to speed the process... of course with everything in reefing, it's no guarantee but this has worked for us. Time in the lower lighting is the most important key.

Hi. Would that be the same reason for a dragon slayer micro amakusensis? The periphery was a red/orange and lately appears to have lost that coloration an is now green. It is propagating as three new polyps have appeared but the are all green. I did recently put it on a reef rack slightly higher up. Not sure if thuu is s is when the color change happen. I will try to post pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Charlie G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Would that be the same reason for a dragon slayer micro amakusensis? The periphery was a red/orange and lately appears to have lost that coloration an is now green. It is propagating as three new polyps have appeared but the are all green. I did recently put it on a reef rack slightly higher up. Not sure if thuu is s is when the color change happen. I will try to post pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 00EBC13F-62A6-4257-9C30-C1AF65A9DFAA.jpeg
    00EBC13F-62A6-4257-9C30-C1AF65A9DFAA.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 264A97D5-A268-4E83-9AD3-C2DF6E2BF546.jpeg
    264A97D5-A268-4E83-9AD3-C2DF6E2BF546.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 56

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 shows? That's a lot. What do you consider a show? I've been to shows in Dallas and they were a hotel conference room with 8 vendors. MARSH (the Houston non-profit reef club) has hosted frag swaps that were better.
That is what I consider a show/swap. Aquashella and now RAP are the big ones. For some reason we haven't had the people at the shows this year, other than Aquashella and 1 of the swaps. The first swap in February had around 10 vendors and you couldn't move there were so many people. The next 4 shows there were maybe 20 people there, the vendors out numbered the customers. One of the vendors I always talk to said he wasn't sure if he was going to sell enough to pay for the booth charge. Not sure what your area is like, but we have a couple of "garage" sellers on facebook that just kill the prices you would pay at a show. One that I actually went to his house had his entire 2 car garage setup with coral tanks. I think he had 8 huge frag tanks full of coral frags. He was selling them for 50% of what I could get online or a LFS. Unfortunately it was a hobby type business and he got a big promotion at work and he sold everything. I think he completely got out of the hobby.
We used to have a big show put on by DFWMAS each year with speakers but it stopped due to interest. From what I was told by the president at the time, there were so few people showing up they were loosing money just on the venue cost, much less all the other costs. Once we hosted MACNA back in 2014 the area just seemed to quit supporting shows in big numbers. I go to the freshwater shows here and they draw more than the coral shows and have 3 times more vendors. They said they actually would like to get salt water booths there but everyone turns them down because the room is kept too bright and they want a dark room for their blue lights!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 shows? That's a lot. What do you consider a show? I've been to shows in Dallas and they were a hotel conference room with 8 vendors. MARSH (the Houston non-profit reef club) has hosted frag swaps that were better.
RAP is going to be interesting next month. With them being at war with Aquashella, it may not have the crowds that Aqaushella did. Not all vendors can do both like zoanthids.com so they are having to choose. Plus some have an allegiance to a certain group so will not be at the other show. Who knows, it may be like our other frag swaps and not very many people show up, especially at the entrance prices they are charging. Some of the swaps this year were free to attend and still not many showed up. It may come down to how many out of town people show up.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back