ENDED: Fragtacular LIVE SALE - WYSIWYG Corals, Live Games, Raffles and Prizes 9/11/21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not coral related, but every reefer runs into it sooner or later.... Removing an aggressive fish from the reef display. In my case it was a tomini tang
Dang. A Tomini Tang? Those have been some of the more docile tangs that I've ever owned.

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

To enter today's Roll Call Raffle for a chance to win a $250 Zoanthids.com Gift Card, complete the following Challenge...

Answer the question in this thread...
"What is the most difficult tank trouble you've had to overcome, and how did you do it?"
Moving my tank when I moved into a new home. Salinity was messed up when my helper filled the tank with fresh instead of salt water. Had to do daily water change for a week to fix it. Ended up losing some high end acro :(

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

To enter today's Roll Call Raffle for a chance to win a $250 Zoanthids.com Gift Card, complete the following Challenge...

"What is the most difficult tank trouble you've had to overcome, and how did you do it?"
My tank had Cyano. I used chemi-clean to remove and have been watching my nutrient balance closely trying to keep it away.

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

MONDAY 9/6:

"What are you up to this Labor Day?"
I had the stomach bug, so nothing.;Vomit

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

Dino outbreak, did a rip clean and it cleared up.

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

Putting uncured live rock into the DT b/c i didn't label my brute containers properly....fun, fun....nothing like seeing all the "diversity" that abounds ;):rolleyes:

watty21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

I'm still new to the hobby and haven't gone through anything hard but I guess green hair algae since it's the only algae I've faced. It was difficult in the manual removal stage because my tank is a little too big for me to reach everywhere but eventually my nutrients stabilized!

OP
OP
Zoanthids

Zoanthids

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

Answer the question in this thread:
"Corals: to feed or not to feed?"

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

I feed my fish with frozen food mixed with reef droid and spirulina powder twice a week and dose amino acid daily. I don’t target feed corals

VegasReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Challenge-of-the-Day.jpg

Without a doubt feeding. I wouldn't be able to have the corals I have without supplemental feeding

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back