Enduro not lasting long??

minus9

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a hybrid 7 stage system, which is producing great results, but I'm finding that my Enduro cartridge isn't lasting that long. My system is as follows: Sediment>Universal CB>Universal CB>Booster Pump>Dual 75g Dow membranes>MaxCap>Enduro>Super SilicaBuster. I usually make an average of 35g to 45g each time, which is about every two weeks or so. Any thoughts on why the Enduro is depleting first or if there's a better alternative in that position? I'm in Los Angeles, so our water here has lots of goodies in it. Thoughts? Suggestions? I purchased a new Enduro and SilicaBuster in February and the Enduro looks depleted already.

KStatefan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a hybrid 7 stage system, which is producing great results, but I'm finding that my Enduro cartridge isn't lasting that long. My system is as follows: Sediment>Universal CB>Universal CB>Booster Pump>Dual 75g Dow membranes>MaxCap>Enduro>Super SilicaBuster. I usually make an average of 35g to 45g each time, which is about every two weeks or so. Any thoughts on why the Enduro is depleting first or if there's a better alternative in that position? I'm in Los Angeles, so our water here has lots of goodies in it. Thoughts? Suggestions? I purchased a new Enduro and SilicaBuster in February and the Enduro looks depleted already.

I would contact Spectrapure. I thought the Enduro was a polishing di that went after a max cap.

How important is sand sifting or sand stirring livestock to your reef tank?

• Very important

Votes: 255 45.0%
  • Somewhat important

Votes: 180 31.7%
  • Not important

Votes: 75 13.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 50 8.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.2%
RC