Energy Bar Connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stevenlu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there

I have the 4 probe full apex brain connected to 1 energy bar through an USB cable. If I was to purchase 2 more energy bar can I also connect it to the same brain? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks!

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will connect the new module using the AquaBus cable and plugging them into any open AquaBus port on any module that is already connected to the Apex system.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EB832's ship with either a 3' or 6'Aquabus cable (I don't remember for sure), but you can get male-male Aquabus cables in various lengths from 1' to 30' as well as get 15' male-female extensions.

OP
OP
stevenlu

stevenlu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EB832's ship with either a 3' or 6'Aquabus cable (I don't remember for sure), but you can get male-male Aquabus cables in various lengths from 1' to 30' as well as get 15' male-female extensions.
Perfect thanks! So the brain has 3 usb ports, I can connect 3 energy bars?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and each energy bar either eb8 or eb833 have multiple USB ports on themselves that you can use to daisy chain.
You dont have to have all 4 USB plugged directly to brain.
For example
Plug first bar to brain with USB then from 1st bar using USB to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd and on.
As long as you plug a USB into already recognized module you can keep adding other devices either plugging them directly to brain or to other modules on the system.

OP
OP
stevenlu

stevenlu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and each energy bar either eb8 or eb833 have multiple USB ports on themselves that you can use to daisy chain.
You dont have to have all 4 USB plugged directly to brain.
For example
Plug first bar to brain with USB then from 1st bar using USB to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd and on.
As long as you plug a USB into already recognized module you can keep adding other devices either plugging them directly to brain or to other modules on the system.
Thank you sir!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back