Energy bar not turning on heater, skimmer, or lights, help?!

Buckwilds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the newest apex and energy bars on my tank. The energy bar is flashing orange and won't talk to the apex base unit. I don't know what to do. I tried pulling the power for a minute, I tried pulling the usb from the base unit (base unit still gets power and can read probes). The base unit looks like it sees the energy bar but it shows no power draw (even though certain things are still on like my return and wavemakers. I don't know what else to try. It's a sunday and I put in a ticket with neptune but I don't want things to be messed up all day while I'm at work tomorrow. I can't really get another power strip where my tank is and don't want to start trying to stretch wires to get to it if I can avoid it.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I don’t have an apex etc, but why not just unplug it, and try plugging the power strip directly into the wall? You could also try just a standard normal power strip bar. At least your tank will have power and run. Then you have all the time in the world to figure the apex out. I’m assuming that if you plug the power strip bar in directly and nothing works,
And if you try a normal one and it works, then we know it’s your power strip. If it does work, well then we know you have an issue with your apex. The point the is, your tank has power etc.

I’m sorry I’m not more help but this will at least get power to your main sources.

Sincerely
Sarah

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried resetting the yellow breaker behind on the back side of the energy bar?
it will do that in case of overload.

OP
OP
Buckwilds

Buckwilds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried resetting the yellow breaker behind on the back side of the energy bar?
it will do that in case of overload.
I have not, I wasn't aware there was one. I'll have to check when I get home. Thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back