engineer goby missing fins.

nano_ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today i noticed that my engineer gobys fins are almost completely gone. I dont know if another fish nipped them or he has some type of sickness. Hes in qt right now with lots of other fish(trying to kill ich). Should i do anything about it? Or will he be fine and grow back his fins

image.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture is a bit fuzzy on this end so it's hard to see the fins clearly.
With disease the fins are usually uneven, frayed, and somewhat translucent - especially towards the edges.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes in qt right now with lots of other fish

How big is your QT tank and what other fish do you have in there? Aggression is not uncommon when fish are packed in tight quarters, especially when they’re in a stressful environment like a QT tank.

OP
OP
nano_ryan

nano_ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your QT tank and what other fish do you have in there? Aggression is not uncommon when fish are packed in tight quarters, especially when they’re in a stressful environment like a QT tank.
I used to have a bunch of fish packed into a 20g long, but then upgraded to a 60g long. I moved the goby back to the 20g by himself. Then one of my dottybacks got chewed up also! So in added a ton of pvc elbows into the 60qt and that seems to help. Im dosing melafix in the 20. I dont know if the dottyback will make it. Maybe, but he got beat up pretty bad.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like damage to me, what other fish was it with, all my fish get on with my engineer, well accept my cave goby, they bicker over the ever changing sand scape?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back