Entacmeae quadricolor - growing like crazy but lost the bubbles

Kobooi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an entacmeae quadricolor green in my tank for 7 months now. When I got it, it had a diameter not even the size of a tennis ball. It hid for 2-3 weeks under rocks, until it found its current position. It's by far the fastest growing animal in my tank - approx. 30 centimeter high on the photo.

In the beginning its tentacles were all bubbles. Now it hardly shows any bubble tips anymore (just a few bottom right corner on the photo), it's just long tentacles. I have a red one too, it's growing less quickly but still is growing, and it too has "lost" its bubbles.

Is this a characteristic of the species, or is it a consequence of an external factor (light, food, flow, water parameters)? I read that large adult species have stringy tentacles in greater depths with less light, but my tank isn't deep and dark...

20211019_145117.jpg

Last edited:

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think anyone has really nailed down what causes the bubbles or unbubbling. Flow and light are the most likely causes, but some nems bubble in high light/high flow and others will bubble in low light/low flow. I personally like when the tentacles are stringy, gives the aquarium some nice movement

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do this from time to time. What is weird is that it is not based on any event. Even on the same anemone it can bubble and half be without.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back