Ep19: Hire your fish to do a job! Choosing fish with a purpose. | BRS/WWC System

How do you choose your fish?

• Look cool

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Have a purpose

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Fit the tank

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Species specific

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other? (Share below!)

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

We've almost wrapped up this BRS/WWC series and soon it will be almost on auto pilot until it's filled with SPS sticks!

Today, we talk about fish choices and show off what we picked for the BRS/WWC 750XXL tank......One thing to note, almost all of them have some sort of purpose. ;)

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

We've almost wrapped up this BRS/WWC series and soon it will be almost on auto pilot until it's filled with SPS sticks!

Today, we talk about fish choices and show off what we picked for the BRS/WWC 750XXL tank......One thing to note, almost all of them have some sort of purpose. ;)

Great video!

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Love it! [emoji16]

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your definition of ‘having a purpose’. I always keep a bristle tang and halichoeres wrasse in my reef tanks as, respectively, slime/film algae and pest controllers. Somewhat hit or miss, but other tangs as hair algae consumers. Maybe even an angel as aiptasia/majano control. Otherwise is purely aesthetics.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS I just watched the video, useful info as always.

I have a couple of questions though:
a) Are these fish going to be in there long term even once they grow?
b) is that heavily stocked? Especially considering Ryan said more fish are going in.

I’m interested because I’m currently in the middle of my 4 month maturation phase of my RSRxxl750.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS I just watched the video, useful info as always.

I have a couple of questions though:
a) Are these fish going to be in there long term even once they
b) is that heavily stocked? Especially considering Ryan said more fish are going in.

I’m interested because I’m currently in the middle of my 4 month maturation phase of my RSRxxl750.

I believe we intend to keept them in there long term for the most part and yes, I would consider the pretty a well stocked tank. :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back