Epoxy turned my water White

Coralcitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I am cycling my upgrade tank and I wanted to do my own Aquascape. I used like 5 bars of epoxy and worried in keeping the rocks wet , It slipped
My mind to let the epoxy dry for 24 hours and when I placed the structure in the water , my 60 gallon tank turned with white water.

Now the water is cloudy.

The tank has been cycling for 2 weeks . Should all the water be discarded? I added phytoplankton, bacteria, etc.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Coralcitos

Coralcitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had an issue with epoxy or using it in my reef. If you are still cycling your tank then once you finish your cycle you will want to do a large water change anyways. No point is worrying about it without livestock in the tank.
Thank you for the recommendation

fryman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of epoxy did you use?

I use J-B Weld "water weld" and normally do not wait for full cure, but never had water turn white/cloudy. I get it from home depot, about $6 per stick after tax

Without livestock you are fine to wait but if you used something that leaches over time you could have a problem with those rocks.

Edit* Just last weekend I used 6 sticks in a new 55gal. The rock had been in a bin for like 3 months so I only waited maybe 30 min before adding so bac would stay alive. The water did not get cloudy like that.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back