Equipment and tank tour, 2 and a half years up and running now. (Pic heavy)

OP
OP
motortrendz

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made it through your Tank Tour thread from the beginning. Love what you've done running to a basement sump. As I read about adding that frag tank in I was thinking... "oh I should warn him about the risks of adding so much new volume and a new tank to an existing..." and then I got to today's post. Sorry I was late.

Sorry for the losses, but sounds like you have your corrective measures in place now. I had to resort to UV for the final nail in the dino coffin. Well, that is actually incorrect. While I have visually seen any for a month or more, if I take a scrape of the glass and put it under my scope I'd see plenty. So it is not too late for me to let you know that the little buggers are waiting for you to let the nutrients dip.

Hopefully -- unlike me -- you won't repeat my mistakes three times. But if you do please share so I can feel better about myself. :)

Thanks for liking this post:
I have a uv ready to if needed. I'm trying not to strip the water much more until I have a better hold on things.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, sorry for the rough going you've had... good to hear that you're on top of things though and that it seems like you'll be stabilized relatively soon.

OP
OP
motortrendz

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, sorry for the rough going you've had... good to hear that you're on top of things though and that it seems like you'll be stabilized relatively soon.
Man in hope so. I hate seeing acros stn when theres really nothing you can do to stop it when it starts.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey how's the reef doing?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back