Equipment for Redsea Reefer 625 G2

lexrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I am looking to purchase a Redsea Reefer 625 G2 to upgrade from my 75 gallon setup. I currently don’t have a sump and am really excited to get one with this tank. I would like to pick up a reefmat 1200 for this as the sump is designed to fit this without any modifications. I did a lot of research on return pumps and skimmers but have not decided which one to get yet. I want to get a DC return pump and was thinking the Octo varios, sicce sdc, or jebao mdc pumps. For skimmers, I was thinking the reef Octo classic 150, the aquamaxx coneS Q-2, or curve bubble magnus elite. Are any of these good to get or does anyone recommend other ones?

Thank you in advance!

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a XL525 which is slightly smaller, and also S1000, 3XL900, XXL750.

I run the RSK skimmers and like them. Don’t know anything about the ones your quoting, and have seen info on DC pump driven skimmers that make me think about trying one.

I run current Eflux return pumps. $299 will get you a 3100gph DC adjustable pump and I have had great success with them. Even replaced my UV pumps with smaller versions.

Have 2 of the ReefMat 1200’s and love them.

Don’t know what your doing for wavemakers and lights but I love the AI hydras and Nero’s. However I recently bought two of the Noo-Psyche K7 lights and think they are great for the price. Not as user friendly as the hydra app, but works.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back