Equipment in a Fluval Evo 13.5

InvertGang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm thinking of getting a Fluval Evo 13.5 and heard it's good to get some extra circulation on them. I have an old Marineland Maxi-Jet 900 kicking around from my freshwater stuff. It just has a propeller in it and it's not one of the pump ones. Would this be too big for the tank?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about replacing the return pump with it or using it as a wavemaker? I would think it would be too much as a wavemaker/powerhead.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm thinking of getting a Fluval Evo 13.5 and heard it's good to get some extra circulation on them. I have an old Marineland Maxi-Jet 900 kicking around from my freshwater stuff. It just has a propeller in it and it's not one of the pump ones. Would this be too big for the tank?
I have an Aqamai kp someone please fill the blank...it’s the size of an egg. I use that in conjunction with the stock pump n nozzles. I’ve had good results.

ironic: it’s the KPS. Has a ton of settings.

Last edited:

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a power head, it doesn't have the ability to turn into a return pump unfortunately.

You could try it out to see but I would think it to be too strong (unless it is a nano acro tank lol). It doesn't hurt to try.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.7%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back