Equipment Wires In The Display: Do you really care?

Do you care about having equipment wires showing in your reef tank display?

• Very much

Votes: 350 37.4%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 471 50.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 110 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 0.5%

• Total voters

Lukas75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer like most not to have anything but the aquascape and animals viewable in my tank, but I don't have an unlimited budget and often the "invisible" options come with a premium price tag.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I barely notice the wires compared to the powerheads themselves. I'll take longevity and lower cost over having the pump with no wires in the tank.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an Electrical Engineer and Electronic Hobbist... I love wires and do keep plenty spares on hand.

One creative way is camoflage the wires....with Wires. Bet you barely notice the One Real Heater Wire.
A blue Background, a Plants or ornaments, and a sprinkle of sand also helps distracts the viewer.

Aquarium_WireAquaScaping.jpg

Of course....Netting the fish at the end of QT is quite the challenge!!

I'm just in a good mood today since I haven't killed SPS in a few weeks...Got Growth, Encrustment and Coloration too!
and I couldn't resist the bait topic.

:) LOL
Have a nice Day.

Last edited:

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been one that hated the looks of equipment and wires in the tank. But lately more than ever I have come to realize with equipment limitations, coral placement, aquascape options and more things that it can become inevitable that you may have to have wires in the display. But who really cares?

1. Do you care about having equipment wires showing in your reef tank display?

2. What are some creative ways you've found to minimize wires showing?

Amazing reef by @Broadfield
29403166626_0f58264578_k.jpg

It's much better without cords. I always had cords in my tanks and still do in most. But on my 180g I went ahead and got vortechs and it's so much better not having cords in the tank. Especially with my rimless tank.

zudo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the forum but wanted to share a solution to help hide those unsightly wires. What I found that works is

I used those and black zip ties to attach them to the gyre 4K pumps I have on the ends of my tank to tidy up the wires so that they are not as noticeable and it works well. I have seen some better designs used to mount Christmas tree lights by Litenetics but the magnets are too weak and the threaded section needs to be a bit longer. Right now these seem to be the best as these small 1" square magnets that are plastic/rubber coated work and the magnets are crazy strong.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back