Eshopps Nano Protein Skimmer vs Icecap K1 Nano Skimmer.

Tony.mendiol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t recommend the Aquamaxx NF-1 enough. Tiny footprint, virtually silent, no microbubbles, easy to dial in/tune, and skims like a beast. Great nano skimmer.
Hi i had the esshops nano, tunze 9001 and icecap they all suck ! I was looking at the nf1 . Do you think it could fit in the second chamber of my nuvo fusion 20 peninsula ? And are you still liking the skimmer?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i had the esshops nano, tunze 9001 and icecap they all suck ! I was looking at the nf1 . Do you think it could fit in the second chamber of my nuvo fusion 20 peninsula ? And are you still liking the skimmer?
Do you know the dimensions of the back chambers (or the chamber you want to put it in)? If I recall correctly, it’s like 2.76” by 4.25”. They say you’re supposed to have the water line right at the top, but I run mine higher (the water line is like 3-4” lower than where they recommend). So as long as you’ve got 8-9” of depth and the dimensions above, it should work just fine. I don’t know how the back chambers of the Nuvo are setup, but on the nanocube I’m running it on, the back chambers aren’t covered, so it doesn’t matter how much it sticks out the top. I do have to take the skimmer cup off to open the lid to the tank more than 3-4”. If it’ll fit, it’s a great skimmer, I’m still liking it quite a bit. I am running it kind of wet because I’m carbon dosing, but it pulls out a cup of dark tea colored skimmate a day (have to empty it daily).

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the issue you had was. I have the Eshopps nano and it works great, runs quiet, and I have it hooked up to the Icecap CO2 scrubber.

Tony.mendiol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the issue you had was. I have the Eshopps nano and it works great, runs quiet, and I have it hooked up to the Icecap CO2 scrubber.
I got the latest model the light blue colored one , if they had the dark blue older model that would have been great( ive heard great things of that specific one , it was really loud and over flowed like crazy it didnt matter how high i had the skimmer , and the magnet is not as strong as it should be it would tilt everytime id go look at it .

Pat613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you connect the skimmer and scrubber? I'm looking to do exactly this setup, but am unsure how to connect the two. I'm disabled and can't easily shop for tubing etc. So if you know what type and size of tubing is required, I'd really appreciate some advice :).

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you connect the skimmer and scrubber? I'm looking to do exactly this setup, but am unsure how to connect the two. I'm disabled and can't easily shop for tubing etc. So if you know what type and size of tubing is required, I'd really appreciate some advice :).
The Center airline goes to the skimmer, the outer airline goes to free air, or outside. I got this tubing.

Also, BRS video on their website for setup can be helpful!

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Center airline goes to the skimmer, the outer airline goes to free air, or outside. I got this tubing.

Pat613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you so much!

Pat613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Does this fit the pump on the skimmer too?

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the Eshopps Nano Skimmer in the rear middle chamber of my Waterbox 15 and it works great. It pulls out almost black skimmate. It's the first skimmer I've ever had, but I'm definitely satisfied with it. It's the new light blue one with the "Crappy magnet." I've had no problems with it.

Pat613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This worked very well, thanks! I used the silencer on the skimmer to connect the hose from the scrubber to the skimmer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back