eshopps s-200 skimmer not bubbling

catiebartholomew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,

i took apart and cleaned my skimmer, put it back in and i can’t get it to work :/ the pump is running but it is making absolutely 0 bubbles - it sounds like the pump is overworking. any suggestions or fixes ? thanks

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,

i took apart and cleaned my skimmer, put it back in and i can’t get it to work :/ the pump is running but it is making absolutely 0 bubbles - it sounds like the pump is overworking. any suggestions or fixes ? thanks
Did you take the pump apart or just remove plastic and spray it off. I have the same skimmer and when I clean it, the bubbled are very low and I have to close the gate quite a bit.

OP
OP
catiebartholomew

catiebartholomew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you take the pump apart or just remove plastic and spray it off. I have the same skimmer and when I clean it, the bubbled are very low and I have to close the gate quite a bit.
the gate is completely closed, i scrubbed the plastic parts with white vinegar but i did not disassemble the pump.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the gate is completely closed, i scrubbed the plastic parts with white vinegar but i did not disassemble the pump.
Sounds like what mine does after thorough cleaning. Might have to run it a little wetter till it gets back to normal again. Probably in a day or 2.

OP
OP
catiebartholomew

catiebartholomew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like what mine does after thorough cleaning. Might have to run it a little wetter till it gets back to normal again. Probably in a day or 2.
it is not making any bubbles at all , there is some water movement but not much, but it sounds as if the pump is laboring. i’m hesitant to let it run given how it sounds

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Something is blocking air. There should be a tube that goes to the pump. Blow into it and see if its restricted. Same if theres a muffler unit on top.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is blocking air. There should be a tube that goes to the pump. Blow into it and see if its restricted. Same if theres a muffler unit on top.
Agree, perhaps you did not put it back together properly. I had a little difficulty the first time also.

FurrierTransform

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the kind of skimmer with a small powerhead/venturi combination, which sucks in air via a tube? I looked at photos of one and couldn't really tell. If so, salt crystals may accumulate in the tube/venturi area. If this is the case, you would need to remove the tube and poke out all the salt build-up. Also, as part of regular maintenance, run water down the airtube to dissolve and clear out the salt.

OP
OP
catiebartholomew

catiebartholomew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, perhaps you did not put it back together properly. I had a little difficulty the first time also.
the only tube i can identify is on the left. cleaned it and blowed into it and nothing changed. the venturi is loose also ?? i’ve attached a video to help trouble shoot. thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3204.MOV
    60.6 MB

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't view the vid. Make sure that small cannister on left is clear of water. There is a drain plug. I would check the bottom venturi connection there also where the tube connects. Make sure that is installed properly. Make sure the prime cone is seated on the base properly and secured in place. Are you sure the gate is in place at the bottom right and you turned the knob counter clockwise to raise bubble level?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back