Establishing a pod population in a waterbox 10.

coastalnanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to create a healthy pod population in a waterbox cube 10? I have 2 clownfish and a ton of hammer corals. I am wondering if it’s possible to have a healthy population without a refugium. I understand that it is easier with a refugium and other methods. How often would I need to seed the tank with more pods? Every month or 2?

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will live in your tank fine. If you want a lot of them dosing phyto will help feed a large population. Otherwise it will just sorta balance out to a number your tank naturally supports.

OP
OP
coastalnanoreef

coastalnanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have a fish that consumes them non-stop (like a mandarin), really no need to re-seed.
If I were to maybe get a pipefish how often would I have to re seed? I’m not really thinking about it for my 10g but possibly when I upgrade to a 20. I know it sounds small but I have a ton of caves and places for it to be safe from the clowns.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to maybe get a pipefish how often would I have to re seed? I’m not really thinking about it for my 10g but possibly when I upgrade to a 20. I know it sounds small but I have a ton of caves and places for it to be safe from the clowns.
I've never had a pipefish, as they should be the only fish in your tank if you have them. So, I don't know how actively they hunt pods (unlike my mandarin which are non-stop).

Brewski262

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inappropriate reefer on youtube had a macro tank with a pipe fish for a while. Maybe check out his channel

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back