ESTIMATE TOTAL COST OF YOUR REEF TANK!

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol for real
I have the "frugal but quality" idea in my head when it comes to this hobby. I'm about to get my butt kicked with coral and fish, but I'm not letting that get to me preventing me from having a beautiful tank

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the "frugal but quality" idea in my head when it comes to this hobby. I'm about to get my butt kicked with coral and fish, but I'm not letting that get to me preventing me from having a beautiful tank
Same here I don't think I can leave a fish store without buying one or 2 corals lol. I need a new tank already and it's only been 6mos.......drop off tank coming soon!!

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around 1.5k on a 90g w/ 20g sump. Not my first rodeo. Learned the tricks of buying from hobbiest, knowing exactly what and how you want to build it etc. Ironically have probably 1/4 or less the money in this setup than I did my first but my income is the reverse of that. I think I'm still paying down some student loans/reef funding 8 years later.

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 17 years I'd have to ballpark somewhere around $20k but I'm lucky that I was given the system by a former boss and I've never gone too crazy on coral. Another way to frame it is that I could sell the system for upwards of $10k so I'll just have to admit I'm one cheap son of a fish.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around 1.5k on a 90g w/ 20g sump. Not my first rodeo. Learned the tricks of buying from hobbiest, knowing exactly what and how you want to build it etc. Ironically have probably 1/4 or less the money in this setup than I did my first but my income is the reverse of that. I think I'm still paying down some student loans/reef funding 8 years later.
That's awesome. And yea I've just now starting fragging/ trading with hobbyists saves a ton!

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Crazy GIF by memecandy

Back