ETRC info and benefits?

ApexConsumer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I didn't realize the meeting got canceled due to flooding and showed up anyways. Can someone tell me what the benefits of the club are, the approximate number of members, the cost, and what is in the private forum?

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get to JKS Saturday via boat?? LOL.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a guy actually drowned in his car near JKS the other day. I would have thought they'd only get a couple feet of water there.

OP
OP
ApexConsumer

ApexConsumer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the back roads thinking to avoid traffic jams (florida thinking), but had to turn back 3 times when roads were closed. A 30 minute drive turned into 85 minutes. JKS was completely empty when I got there... Everyone else was too smart to drive. Luckily I don't have that problem.

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like any club, interest waxes and wanes. Membership fluctuates maybe around 30 now, not sure. Some of the LFS give discounts to members. We usually have meetings at club members homes, so it's nice to get to see how others "do" it. The Private forum is for members only, discuss club business or sell or trade between members.

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The club has significantly down sized over the last 2 years. Last year, we had around 18 members but unfortunately some are not as active as others. Typically, we have around 10 members at any given meeting.

Benefits wise we buy bulk supplies and sell them at cost. Things like carbon and calcium for example. Also, we have a club par meter and frag saw we loan out to members. Sometimes we do group buys on goods and corals. And the last 4 years we have put on our own expo.

Membership dues are $20 a year. Aquatic marine also gives us a 10% discount in their store.

Our meeting is rescheduled for today due to the flooding many weren’t able to get out so it made sense to reschedule.

lzg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I enjoyed meeting those of you at the meeting last Saturday. I'd like to officially join the club and I'm happy to pay the dues. Is there information available about how to access the PayPal account to complete the dues payment. Looking forward to being involved with our activities. Best, Les

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I enjoyed meeting those of you at the meeting last Saturday. I'd like to officially join the club and I'm happy to pay the dues. Is there information available about how to access the PayPal account to complete the dues payment. Looking forward to being involved with our activities. Best, Les

Sorry, Les
I meant to put the PayPal in the other thread.

Membership dues can be paid to [email protected]

*note to others, please come out to a meeting before paying membership dues so that you can make sure the club is right for you.

OP
OP
ApexConsumer

ApexConsumer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't make it to the meeting but i am interested in joining. Might be a week or two before that happens, still spending money like a drunken sailor on tank projects...

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't make it to the meeting but i am interested in joining. Might be a week or two before that happens, still spending money like a drunken sailor on tank projects...

No worries. I suggest coming out to our April meeting before paying dues. I’ll be posting info on it soon.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back