Euphyllia & emerald crab

crysreefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all...
So, my emerald crab has decided my prized pink Octospawn is the perfect place to take up residency...
Prob is my Octo is now retracting and seems to be harmed by my crabs presence.
Has anyone had this happen? And if so what did you do?
Thank you in advance for any advice one might give.

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure he's not eating your octospawn? Might be the reason for him choosing that spot. I'v caught emeralds eating duncan and torch corals, I removed them of course.

OP
OP
crysreefer1

crysreefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure he's not eating your octospawn? Might be the reason for him choosing that spot. I'v caught emeralds eating duncan and torch corals, I removed them of course.

I’m not sure if that’s what’s going on, but I think removing him will be my safest bet. I really don’t want to take the chance of him eating my octo...
Thank you for your feedback.

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed an emerald crab after I saw him pick at a leptospirosis, I believe this is mostly because he ran out of hair algae for days in my dt and went for it. Lucky bugger now lives in my fuge and eats chaeto all day long, which works for me since I have low nutrients and don’t need to really prune chaeto.

OP
OP
crysreefer1

crysreefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed an emerald crab after I saw him pick at a leptospirosis, I believe this is mostly because he ran out of hair algae for days in my dt and went for it. Lucky bugger now lives in my fuge and eats chaeto all day long, which works for me since I have low nutrients and don’t need to really prune chaeto.

Ty, yes, I’ve noticed most of my algae is gone, which is great, except for now it definitely seems he’s eating my octo. I will take him out, tomorrow, for sure. Thanks again

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back