Euroquatics LED Tube lights to replace traditional T5HO lamps!

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news coming out from Euroquatics with the introduction of the E5 LED Tube Lamp! The preliminary info says that these lights will be 3 x the cost of a traditional T5HO but lasts 8-10 times (8 years) longer and come with a 3yr warranty! More option for color are said to be coming in the next 3-6 months.

Does this change anything for those of you who use T5 now and what are your thoughts?

E5.jpg

Info from Euroquatics:
The new E5 from Euroquatics (in partnership with Transcend Lighting) is a direct replacement for your out-dated T5HO lamps. These new LED based lamps have the same output as T5HO but consume about 45% less power. These new lamps also last up to 8 years and come with an amazing 3 year warranty.

Product Overview:
  • Approximately 45% average power saving over T5HO
  • Directly replace old T5HO lamps (no rewiring needed)
  • Same output levels as T5HO
  • Starting with 5 amazing color options
  • Full range of standard sizes
  • NO mercury or other hazardous materials
  • 8 year product life
  • Amazing light quality and color rendering
  • Proprietary and custom LED phosphor technology
  • Highly recyclable
  • 3 year warranty
color.jpg
power.jpg

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news coming out from Euroquatics with the introduction of the E5 LED Tube Lamp! The preliminary info says that these lights will be 3 x the cost of a traditional T5HO but lasts 8-10 times (8 years) longer and come with a 3yr warranty! More option for color are said to be coming in the next 3-6 months.

Does this change anything for those of you who use T5 now and what are your thoughts?

E5.jpg

Info from Euroquatics:
The new E5 from Euroquatics (in partnership with Transcend Lighting) is a direct replacement for your out-dated T5HO lamps. These new LED based lamps have the same output as T5HO but consume about 45% less power. These new lamps also last up to 8 years and come with an amazing 3 year warranty.

Product Overview:
  • Approximately 45% average power saving over T5HO
  • Directly replace old T5HO lamps (no rewiring needed)
  • Same output levels as T5HO
  • Starting with 5 amazing color options
  • Full range of standard sizes
  • NO mercury or other hazardous materials
  • 8 year product life
  • Amazing light quality and color rendering
  • Proprietary and custom LED phosphor technology
  • Highly recyclable
  • 3 year warranty
color.jpg
power.jpg
This is the first time I ever hear about this. Interesting.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It been around for a while but not in these colors and have the effect of T5's in your tank.

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It been around for a while but not in these colors and have the effect of T5's in your tank.
Oh OK. But does it really have the coverage that T5 bulbs offer? That is one of the biggest advantages that t5 has over LED'S. Maybe someone has comparison pictures to see if these tubes work as well as T5'S in eliminating shadowing in big SPS colonies.

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would like to know is if they are dimmable I have a dimmable ati fixture and would like to replace two blubs with these

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would like to know is if they are dimmable I have a dimmable ati fixture and would like to replace two blubs with these

From what they are saying it should be. They say it acts as a reg t5 just takes less power to run. So IMO I think it should be

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No high shadowing with increased longevity and decreased power consumption... at what kind of price??? Normally when it seems too good to be true...

CountrySideCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they triple the cost of an ATI bulb I would consider getting two probably a blue and pink and use them as my dawn/dusk setup. I currently run an IceCap 6 bulb t5 with two IceCap led t5 tubes. Best fixture I have ever used but wouldn't mind experimenting with 4 led tubes and 4 t5s to see what color I can pull out of my mixed reef.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The preliminary info says that these lights will be 3 x the cost of a traditional T5HO but lasts 8-10 times (8 years) longer and come with a 3yr warranty

Did y'all see this part?

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see them. I got this by email today

[Aalsmeer, Netherlands – September 29, 2015] Euroquatics, a wholly owned subsidiary of horticultural lighting giant Gavita Holland, and Transcend Lighting, the world leader in LED grow light technology, teamed up to announce the launch of the E5 aquarium light lamps. With numerous capabilities and features, the highly efficient new lamps can be used in place of traditional T5HO lamps.

The E5 is designed to work in sync with original T5HO fixtures. These unique products showcase features that create an eco-friendly, longer lasting aquarium lamp. This new spin on an old design makes T5s a product of the past. With its sleek design, the E5 is made to last over five times the life span of an average T5HO lamp while consuming about half of the power.

T5 lamps are comprised of toxic materials that could be extremely harmful to the environment if broken. In addition to a decrease in power consumption, the E5s are made to the highest industry standard from highly recyclable materials. These custom-phosphor LED technology lamps are RoHS, (Restriction of Hazardous Substances), compliant and do not contain mercury or other toxic materials.

“We are really excited to launch the E5 Retro Series,” said Scott Bogner, Director and co-founder of Euroquatics. “Its incredible features make this lamp one of a kind. Without any changes to fixtures, consumers are now able to swap their old T5HO lamps for a more efficient, eco-friendly and cost effective product. In addition to these new features, the E5 does not fall short of meeting the quality expectations set by the T5s that bring an aquarium to life.”

E5 lamps are available in four standard sizes: 2’, 3’, 4’ and 5’ and currently have five color options to choose from. These include:

• Tropical (6.5k)

• Daylight (10k)

• Cool Daylight (15k)

• Blue Pop (~450nm)

• Marine Pink

Euroquatics plans to introduce the E5 at the upcoming indoor marketplace for aquarium hobbyists of all types, Reef-a-Palooza. The lamp will be available in limited quantity through Marine Depot and will make its way to other outlets in December.

About Euroquatics

Founded in 2014, Euroquatics specializes in user-friendly, professional-grade LED reef and marine aquarium lighting systems. Backed by European horticultural lighting giant Gavita, the company was started with the goal of designing and building advanced aquarium lights that make it easy to achieve professional-quality results without hours of setup time or complex maintenance and usage tasks. At Euroquatics, it’s about creating better aquariums through innovation – allowing hobbyists to enjoy what’s in their tank, rather than what’s on it. To learn more, follow the company on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aalsmeer, a city of flowers.
Now a city of T5 led's.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in the 36 inch bulbs. The saving is from 39W to 23W, so that is about 30% of the power consumption. I was hoping 15W in power consumption

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theve had these for years. factory I work in uses them. not in these colors though. but the price is insane. 60 bucks a bulb on a 6 bulb system youre looking at the price of a radion. its a good idea, but the issue is leds are cheap. its simple technology, yet theyre charging an arm and a leg for it. if they made these bulbs at a reasonable price it may be different.

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theve had these for years. factory I work in uses them. not in these colors though. but the price is insane. 60 bucks a bulb on a 6 bulb system youre looking at the price of a radion. its a good idea, but the issue is leds are cheap. its simple technology, yet theyre charging an arm and a leg for it. if they made these bulbs at a reasonable price it may be different.

Very interesting... Ive seen them around also just not in these colors.
I think the big difference in these and what's currently on the market is the ability to hot swap them and not having them directly wired into the wall and the price is a little high but not when you look at how many years you can have them running for versus the cost of t5 lighting bulbs

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back