Everything you asked for about light testing. Which is first? You decide! | BRStv Investigates

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great ideas!...Would be interesting to see something on light spectrum and promotion of algae growth...with all the flexibility in current lighting systems as to their spectral makeup... to identify the spectrums that most promote algae and cyano growth could give us another tool to go after it...just a thought

stuart1690uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can you help me as im new too marine i converted my freshwater to saltwater got 2 clowns and few fire shrimps n corals but my light is fluval aqua sky will that do for my corals my tank is 140gl

James Kanouff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the pencil pushers off your backs.. you guys are freaking awesome. Take a mountain and smash it down. Wade thru the BS and give us the down low on the goods.....WE LOVE IT!!!!

Radium 20k MH Bulbs, Radion xr30 pro's and VHO all blue REEF BRIGHTS LED strips! BRS please test those ones..... Those are on my all time best list from personal experience. They work, they last, but i don't exactly know why.

I'm curious how a the REEFBRIGHT mh and led combo fixture preforms. Seems to be my logical upgrade next round. Combining my Blue led preference with my MH preference. to get best of both worlds. I agree T5 gives great light spread and color, but I hate changing the bulbs.

TimeTwister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see how the more budget minded lights like SBReef Lights compare to the name brand stuff like Radions.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow guys great project! Thanks for doing this for and from ALL OF US! I use Orphek lights and would love to see some of your study results in these fixtures as there is not a lot of info on them here in the states! I love my fixtures, easy to use good spread, quality build.

Hamada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys asked and we are going to answer!

In today's video, Ryan explains the methodology of this new testing series where we put each type of lighting source to the test. He describes what we will be testing for as well as how the tests will be conducting !

Can we see a lighting test on
Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light

Doubbler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please test the JBJ ORION LT 120. I can't find enough info on it and I can't tell if my settings are right. I'm at 45%white 75% blue. Not sure if that's enough since these leds are Cree bulbs

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we see a lighting test on
Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light

This.

My buddy has a tank that looks phenomenal with great growth under a Current Orbit Marine Pro. But seems when you mention that brand in the community it's kinda shrugged off as cheap junk.

Arrecifero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please test the Radions G4 first! We've already seen plenty of the Kessils in your previous videos, including the AP700 in the BRS 160.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is great as I think most options will grow corals.
I would love to see you compare the new Orphek version 4 I own version 2.1b.

Klwheat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love what you guys are doing at brs investigates! I would like to add my hopes for the gen4 radions to those above.

Havens_Reef_Aquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys asked and we are going to answer!

In today's video, Ryan explains the methodology of this new testing series where we put each type of lighting source to the test. He describes what we will be testing for as well as how the tests will be conducting !

I am excited to see the results. I have a MaxSpect r420r above my Red Sea 250 and have heard mixed opinions. I would like to know the facts. I respect all of the lights. I had a MarineLand on my 20 gallon nano, and the Corals were happy with it. The only Coral I have lost is a Montipora. I lost (1) in my 15 gallon, (1) in my BioCube 29 (T5 Lighting), and (1) in my Red Sea with the original hood/T5 Configuration.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back